Why not turn the tables on Asian Carp?

Cripple Creek

Just now, Cripple Creek said:

Fertilizer! See, that's the beauty. Something for everyone! (sorry about my earlier comments about board moderators, strictly tongue in cheek)

I get it now just like the native Americans taught the Pilgrims .... fish for fertilizer.  I bet they regret giving that lesson.

I regret opening this thread. Never imagined where it would end up. My apologies Mr. Moderator type person. :worthy:

Careful, you know I am a ruthless mod.  What the hell is a cripple creek anyway?  Sounds like a good place to get some Asian carp.

I regret opening this thread. Never imagined where it would end up. My apologies Mr. Moderator type person. :worthy:

People have been saying that for 2 decades here because their pre-conceived notions, fed by the hysterical media, is shot to schit.

Don't worry, I will still be here in 20 years tl debunk the threat.

Go back to your eco-chamber.

“Catching them hand over fist”

16 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I still don't think they are hitting the hook.  The material is breaking up, they vacuum and hook hits them.

There is bait and a hook... you’re just upset that you couldn’t outsmart them.... and you can’t admit when you are wrong, and clearly you’ve been proven wrong... what else have you been wrong about.... ohhh the lies!!!!

It really hurts being lied to... he thinks we are stupid... he even told us as such....

4 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

“Catching them hand over fist”

There is bait and a hook... you’re just upset that you couldn’t outsmart them.... and you can’t admit when you are wrong, and clearly you’ve been proven wrong... what else have you been wrong about.... ohhh the lies!!!!

Dude.  They jump in your boat.  You are working way too hard.  Turn boat on, go fast, catch fish.  You are overthinking this.

They literally jump in your boat.  We take boat training in Peroria.  Nothing to outsmart.  If you are trying to outsmart them, you are doing it all wrong.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Dude.  They jump in your boat.  You are working way too hard.  Turn boat on, go fast, catch fish.  You are overthinking this.

They literally jump in your boat.  We take boat training in Peroria.  Nothing to outsmart.  If you are trying to outsmart them, you are doing it all wrong.

Don’t try to get me and look at the shiny object.... the point is that you said they couldn’t be caught and you were wrong.... AND you hijacked a perfectly good Asian Carp thread with lies and mistruths...

Back on topic:

Say we promote fishing them.  We create another industry (see salmon in 1960s).  Now, after awhile, to we have to protect that industry from ourselves.  Or, do we just over fish and let said new industry die.  People get attached to their found way of lives?

5 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Don’t try to get me and look at the shiny object.... the point is that you said they couldn’t be caught and you were wrong.... AND you hijacked a perfectly good Asian Carp thread with lies and mistruths...

You aren't such a jerk in person. :P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
Clarification

33 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Please reread what  I said.  I have never disputed the rod, reel, anf hook. I said you can even rig up a trotline.

31 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I meant to say live baited hook where they bite.  You have to snag as they vacuum up the special bait.

It's non-traditional.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes.  But much more informed than the others.  Cripple Creek is up there with you.  You Guys do think outside the box.

I want to see you live bait a hook and get an Asian carp to bite it.

Sorry, gotta go.  Got shipping coming northbound from New Orlean.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Sport fish" in Europe... But they won't bite a baited hook.  Gotta snag.  Use bread or corn, even set up a trotline.

Heck, just barrel down the river at 2500 rpms @ low water and the silver carp will jump in your boat.  Set up a bow fishing rig and 55 gallon drum in a jonboat... And shoot them when they jump... Go at bighr and spotlight them too! Big fun!

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How is it wrong?  They don't bite a baited hook.  They filter feed... Bighead and Silver carp that is.

I’m just gonna leave this right here...

You backpetal more than Stephon Gilmore 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Fertilizer! See, that's the beauty. 

Using animal protein as fertiler to grow plant based food for vegetarians and vegans is a moral conundrum.  It  is a topic that clearly outstrips the intellectual capacity of the participants in this thread (excluding me, of course).

You all should stick to the topic.

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

not very sporting of you

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

not very sporting of you

LoL... Now there is honor. It's a silly fish. Let's not go down that anthropomorphic road.  Club it and eat it.:D

3 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

I’m guessing it’s their version of roadkill....

Or road hunting.... can’t catch them in a respectable way, so he talks them into submission, much like he’s trying to do here 

They jump on their own accord.  Other fish don't.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
Spelling