Why not turn the tables on Asian Carp?

Cripple Creek

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yo, Einstein.  They make smaller hooks.  Do you even fish???

:lol:

To catch a 75# fish, maybe a 100#er.

You know what a "blivet" is?  It's 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag.  Try not to be one.

You're trolling somebody who can't be trolled. What have you missed in this discussion? :P:D

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

:lol:

To catch a 75# fish, maybe a 100#er.

You know what a "blivet" is?  It's 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag.  Try not to be one.

Your trolling somebody who can't be trolled. What have you missed in this discussion? :P:D

Are you now saying it's impossible to troll for Asian carp? You sure you want to make another blanket statement like that? You saw how your last one ended.

"Big head and silver carp are filter feeders so it is nearly impossible to legitly catch them via lure or bait offering. Snagging tends to be the ticket with "asian carp". If you really want to catch these fish bait fishing you have to go native.

Get the largest catfish bobber you can find (those ones that look like a stick of dynamite). Under your bobber thread your line through the holes of the smallest whiffle ball you can find and attatch a three way swivel beneath the ball (it needs to be big enough to not pass through the hole or use a large rubber bead). Buy a pack of snelled bait holder hooks (size 2 or 4) and attach one (via a loop knot) to each of the open rings of the three-way swivel.

Make a mixture of bread crumbs, oats (put through the blender), and a sweetened liquid of your choice. It should be firm enough to pack it to a ball but break up slowly. Mold this into and around the whiffle ball. Once this is complete lightly secure the snelled hooks into the ball of bait and cast out.

The fish will be attracted to the breaking up particles of food and start to bat the ball around, don't set the hook yet. There will be no question once the fish is hooked."

8 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Are you now saying it's impossible to troll for Asian carp? You sure you want to make another blanket statement like that? You saw how your last one ended.

Define: Trolling

Also, define: Snagging/fouling.

Now we are getting places.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

"Big head and silver carp are filter feeders so it is nearly impossible to legitly catch them via lure or bait offering. Snagging tends to be the ticket with "asian carp". If you really want to catch these fish bait fishing you have to go native.

Get the largest catfish bobber you can find (those ones that look like a stick of dynamite). Under your bobber thread your line through the holes of the smallest whiffle ball you can find and attatch a three way swivel beneath the ball (it needs to be big enough to not pass through the hole or use a large rubber bead). Buy a pack of snelled bait holder hooks (size 2 or 4) and attach one (via a loop knot) to each of the open rings of the three-way swivel.

Make a mixture of bread crumbs, oats (put through the blender), and a sweetened liquid of your choice. It should be firm enough to pack it to a ball but break up slowly. Mold this into and around the whiffle ball. Once this is complete lightly secure the snelled hooks into the ball of bait and cast out.

The fish will be attracted to the breaking up particles of food and start to bat the ball around, don't set the hook yet. There will be no question once the fish is hooked."

Yes.  Your point?  I totally agree with this and confirms my argument.  I never said anything to the contrary.  I just said it in very few words on page one.  Want me to cut and paste what I said on page one?  It's exactly what you posted except in a lot less words.

You are wrong.  Admit it.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Define: Trolling

Also, define: Snagging/fouling.

Now we are getting places.

Yes.  Your point?  I totally agree with this and confirms my argument.  I never said anything to the contrary.  I just said it in very few words on page one.  Want me to cut and paste whay I said on page one?  It's exactly whay you posted except in a lot less words.

You are wrong.  Admit it.

No.  You said they can't be caught with a rod and reel because they are filter feeders. 

You, sir, are wrong.  I won't wait for you to admit it, though.

Just now, Gugny said:

No.  You said they can't be caught with a rod and reel because they are filter feeders. 

You, sir, are wrong.  I won't wait for you to admit it, though.

No.  Find where I said that and quote me exactly.  Go find it.  Paste it in the next post.  I will be waiting.  Use the New Board to your full potential!

I am waiting...

57 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

To catch them by line and reel, you need to bait the water and snag/foul them.

They aren't looking for what's on a hook, because nothing is on the hook.  Heck, even the chum is falling off the rig.  The hooks are just there.  Did you hear in the video (one by lock & dam)... That they toss the line of hooks into a group of fish... School of thick fish.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Admit it... That is how you catch a filter feeder that feeds on microscopic planton and other small parts in the water column:  hooks just danngling around.

That's not: "biting a baited hook."  And yes, it is unlike anything traditional N.American anglers have been accustomed to doing.

Accept it.  They either jump in your boat, you seine them, shock them, or foul/snag them on line.  Why is this soooo hard to come to grips with?  Because it is "chicken poo" to do it. 

Anything else I can do for you today while you contemplate admitting you've got more **** than a barnyard?

HINT: Post #5.

I am still waiting.  Just sitting here "filter feeding."

From 2004.  2004, 13 years ago.   They didn't know back then and are wrong about striking lure, that's just a snag.  It does say:  

"Bighead and silver carp are filter feeders, so it is hard to capture them with traditional fishing methods.Very rarely will one strike a lure. Bighead and silver carp can be captured during the paddlefish snagging season and during the nongame fish snagging season by jerking a weighted treble hook through the water in areas where the fish are abundant."

https://mdc.mo.gov/conmag/2004/07/carp-lemonade

"Here in Missouri, fishermen report catching many bighead carp on trotlines when using cheese for bait. Likely these fish also hook themselves while trying to dislodge small particles of cheese."

Trot line:

survival-fishing-04.jpg

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

From 2004.  2004, 13 years ago.   They didn't know back then and are wrong about striking lure, that's just a snag.  It does say:  

"Bighead and silver carp are filter feeders, so it is hard to capture them with traditional fishing methods.Very rarely will one strike a lure. Bighead and silver carp can be captured during the paddlefish snagging season and during the nongame fish snagging season by jerking a weighted treble hook through the water in areas where the fish are abundant."

"Here in Missouri, fishermen report catching many bighead carp on trotlines when using cheese for bait. Likely these fish also hook themselves while trying to dislodge small particles of cheese."

Trot line:

survival-fishing-04.jpg

This says nothing.

You were wrong and you won't admit it.

Others in the thread can see, though, so I don't need it in writing from you.

Checkmate.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Seems a bit more proactive than "filtering"

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

Seems a bit more proactive than "filtering"

"Seems"

Defines: Seems.

The article is 13 years old and they were in the dark on some issues like you guys are still.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This says nothing.

You were wrong and you won't admit it.

Others in the thread can see, though, so I don't need it in writing from you.

Checkmate.

Now I know I am being trolled.  But you have to snag me Gug... :D

And snagging is chickenshit in your eyes.:P

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Seems"

Defines: Seems.

The article is 13 years old and they were in the dark on some issues like you guys are still.

Now I know I am being trolled.  But you have to snag me Gug... :D

And snagging is chickenshit in your eyes.:P

Not trolling at all.

You asserted that it was impossible to catch an Asian carp via traditional rod and reel, i.e. - setting the hook after the fish has it in its mouth.

I proved you wrong.

You failed/continue to fail to admit that you were wrong.

Is there a link on this site to a post where you actually do admit that you're wrong?  I always admit when I'm wrong.

Just now, Gugny said:

Not trolling at all.

You asserted that it was impossible to catch an Asian carp via traditional rod and reel, i.e. - setting the hook after the fish has it in its mouth.

I proved you wrong.

You failed/continue to fail to admit that you were wrong.

Is there a link on this site to a post where you actually do admit that you're wrong?  I always admit when I'm wrong.

You still haven't quoted me where I said it was impossible.  I am waiting. 

Then admit you are wrong now.

Yes, I did.

If you're looking for the exact verbiage in order to fit your narrative, I can't provide that. 

But you did, indeed, state that it wasn't possible and I've already provided the quotes.

/end story

Just now, Gugny said:

Yes, I did.

If you're looking for the exact verbiage in order to fit your narrative, I can't provide that. 

But you did, indeed, state that it wasn't possible and I've already provided the quotes.

/end story

Of course you can't provide it.  How convenient.

Where did I say that?  Prove it, quote me.

If you can't, you are the one that is wrong.

Put up or shut up.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Of course you can't provide it.  How convenient.

Where did I say that?  Prove it, quote me.

If you can't, you are the one that is wrong.

Put up or shut up.

Try having an adult read it to you.  Slowly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

To recap for those unwilling to filter through 11 pages of nonsensical musings and enough backtracks to make you dizzy:

Asian carp are a potentially huge protein source for human and animal consumption.

Asian carp are a potentially huge source of organic fertilization.

There are segments of society who fish for these potential aquatic behemoths as sport.

There are segments of society who use a baited hook to successfully catch these aquatic behemoths.

This is clear to almost everyone.

This is clear to everyone of sound mind and body.

Welcome the carp and learn to love it.

5 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

To recap for those unwilling to filter through 11 pages of nonsensical musings and enough backtracks to make you dizzy:

Asian carp are a potentially huge protein source for human and animal consumption.

Asian carp are a potentially huge source of organic fertilization.

There are segments of society who fish for these potential aquatic behemoths as sport.

There are segments of society who use a baited hook to successfully catch these aquatic behemoths.

This is clear to almost everyone.

This is clear to everyone of sound mind and body.

Welcome the carp and learn to love it.

Exactly!  Sorry to derail.  I am still not wrong what I said about other things pertaining to the Asian carp.  I am just wrong for derailing your thread.

I totally agree with what you just posted.  I have always said this.

But, in all honesty where have you been the last 20 years.  I have been screaming this from the rooftops.

In conclusion, you can count on me to let them through.  I am lock & dam operator.  I don't think they are getting through, but if they do (I will never see them)... Who cares?

Peace.

On 11/29/2017 at 7:47 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

They do put up a hell of fight when you snag them.  I am glad you agree too and finally see what I have been saying since page one.

Reading comprehension is critical here.

Oh... And if you forgot, this is all I ever said on the topic:

"Sport fish" in Europe... But they won't bite a baited hook.  Gotta snag.  Use bread or corn, even set up a trotline."-EiL, page one.

You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth....

• Thank you (+1) 1