NFL investigating Jameis Winston for Uber incident

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, WMDman said:

yeah but i thought buzzfeed was lilke a pop culture website thing, just strange she didnt go to a news outlet

Generally Buzzfeed will run things with less substantiated proof when they break something major news won't.  I 100% guarantee other News outlets knew about this, but there wasn't enough probably for them to run the story first.  So they wait for someone like Buzzfeed to do it, then its fair game to talk about it without having to be confident in the sources because you are not the one who broke the story and are just reporting on "Buzzfeeds" story and get the say safe things like:  "According to Buzzfeed..."  and hide behind that.

First, any inappropriate behavior with a woman is wrong on every level but I have a problem with all these reports coming out both with football players, politicians, actors etc. years after the incident allegedly happens. Ladies, here's some advise. If someone, anyone, does something inappropriate to you, report it right after it happens. Don't wait. Waiting a year, two years, 10 years or whatever makes your story less believable and makes everyone wonder if there's an ulterior motive. It says you were fine with it for whatever length of time but now you're not. All this crap about women being too afraid their careers would be ruined or their reputations would be ruined or whatever excuse they give for not coming forward is BS. If it were true, then every single one of these women has left themselves in danger of it happening again by the same person. Over and Over and Over. I've read where some women claimed to be too afraid to come forward. Fearful that they would be hurt physically or worse. By saying nothing, does that fear not exist? Yes it does! Sexual assault on any level is no joke. Report it as soon as you can. Every woman will thank you and so will every decent man!

Jameis has had a history of @**hole moments. The rape allegations, stealing crab legs, standing up on a table in the cafeteria so he could yell "f*** her right in the p****!!!" in front of his boys causing a suspension for 1 game. Nothing surprises me with this guy. It was amazing to me as to how the rape allegation was so swiftly swept under the rug. The talk I remember hearing was the girl's father pressed the issue because his daughter is white and Jameis is black (please don't turn this into another race argument thread). This was all during his Heisman campaign and Championship run of course. Where there is smoke, there's usually fire. It wouldn't surprise me if this was actually true, but there is no way to prove it unless witnesses come forward. Even then it is he said/she said. I bet the Bucs are wishing they had taken Mariota right about now.