Saudi Arabia if true

ALF

The entire Saudi peninsula has been freaking out over Iran for about 20 years now.  It's less that it's news, than it is people are paying attention now.  

Saudi Arabia doesn't have the capacity to take on Iran, though.  Hell, we probably don't ourselves, outside a lengthy bombing campaign.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The entire Saudi peninsula has been freaking out over Iran for about 20 years now.  It's less that it's news, than it is people are paying attention now.  

Saudi Arabia doesn't have the capacity to take on Iran, though.  Hell, we probably don't ourselves, outside a lengthy bombing campaign.

It's not that Saudi and Israel came out against Iran that's newsworthy. It's that they're openly talking about their alliance and the Israeli desire to help create a Sunni crescent - or at least thwart a Shia one. 

Of course, we've known Israel and KSA have been actively working together to fund and train ISIS (with US help) for the past couple years thanks to leaks... now they're just taking it public. 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's not that Saudi and Israel came out against Iran that's newsworthy. It's that they're openly talking about their alliance and the Israeli desire to help create a Sunni crescent - or at least thwart a Shia one. 

Of course, we've known Israel and KSA have been actively working together to fund and train ISIS (with US help) for the past couple years thanks to leaks... now they're just taking it public. 

So ISIS was a front of Israel, Saudis and US to thwart a Shia land bridge? Why were we bombing and killing them then? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

So ISIS was a front of Israel, Saudis and US to thwart a Shia land bridge? Why were we bombing and killing them then? 

We bomb(ed) them in Iraq while we help fund them in Syria (and elsewhere). ISIS is a creation, a proxy army used primarily by KSA.

Which is why there is a hostile divide between the Pentagon (DIA) and Langley. In one part of the ME the Pentagon is bombing ISIS while in another part of the ME Langley is arming, training, and funding ISIS/AQ with its Gulf allies help. 

Then we helped them flee, with their weapons, so we can use them to fight another day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/raqqas_dirty_secret

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/15/world/middleeast/syria-isis-convoy-us.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=D7964E63A4D2596CB5441737E8580342&gwt=pay

If our goal was the destruction of ISIS, why would we assist them in their retreat? 

... Because ISIS is a western/Sunni proxy.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

We bomb(ed) them in Iraq while we help fund them in Syria (and elsewhere). ISIS is a creation, a proxy army used primarily by KSA.

Which is why there is a hostile divide between the Pentagon (DIA) and Langley. In one part of the ME the Pentagon is bombing ISIS while in another part of the ME Langley is arming, training, and funding ISIS/AQ with its Gulf allies help. 

Then we helped them flee, with their weapons, so we can use them to fight another day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/raqqas_dirty_secret

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/15/world/middleeast/syria-isis-convoy-us.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=D7964E63A4D2596CB5441737E8580342&gwt=pay

If our goal was the destruction of ISIS, why would we assist them in their retreat? 

Well, Let's Go Langley!!! I was stationed there from 86-89 and I want them to win. Use to take "test drives" over to that part of the base where NASA is and CIA, but I didn't really know CIA was there at the time. Beautiful base, nice area.I walked right up to an F-15 in a hanger once and touched the nose. There is a phillips head screw right in the tip. Ok, let me read one of these articles now...

Just now, Tiberius said:

Well, Let's Go Langley!!! I was stationed there from 86-89 and I want them to win. Use to take "test drives" over to that part of the base where NASA is and CIA, but I didn't really know CIA was there at the time. Beautiful base, nice area.I walked right up to an F-15 in a hanger once and touched the nose. There is a phillips head screw right in the tip. Ok, let me read one of these articles now...

So, you side with the organization that's arming, funding, and training jihadists who kill western civilians and have directly attacked the US and its interests and not the side that's actively fighting and killing these murdering bastards? You're with the side of the coin that's done nothing but lie to the American people since its inception. An organization that assassinates leaders, organizes coups, and over turns fair elections in favor of their own puppets?

Got it. 

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/15/world/middleeast/syria-isis-convoy-us.html? 

That's not what I got out of that article. The US was wasting ISIS fighters left and right but for political reason had to let some go with their families. Hardly looks sinister 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

That's not what I got out of that article. The US was wasting ISIS fighters left and right but for political reason had to let some go with their families. Hardly looks sinister 

he BBC has uncovered details of a secret deal that let hundreds of IS fighters and their families escape from Raqqa, under the gaze of the US and British-led coalition and Kurdish-led forces who control the city.

A convoy included some of IS’s most notorious members and – despite reassurances – dozens of foreign fighters. Some of those have spread out across Syria, even making it as far as Turkey.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So, you side with the organization that's arming, funding, and training jihadists who kill western civilians and have directly attacked the US and its interests and not the side that's actively fighting and killing these murdering bastards? You're with the side of the coin that's done nothing but lie to the American people since its inception. An organization that assassinates leaders, organizes coups, and over turns fair elections in favor of their own puppets?

Got it. 

Helped win the cold war. CIA has done some bad things, but they are dealing with bad people. Don't agree with all their decsions at all, like Chile and Guatemala, those were bad. Have to have spies though, or Putin and his ilk will take over

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

he BBC has uncovered details of a secret deal that let hundreds of IS fighters and their families escape from Raqqa, under the gaze of the US and British-led coalition and Kurdish-led forces who control the city.

A convoy included some of IS’s most notorious members and – despite reassurances – dozens of foreign fighters. Some of those have spread out across Syria, even making it as far as Turkey.

What do you think of Russia's role in that deal? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Helped win the cold war. CIA has done some bad things, but they are dealing with bad people. Don't agree with all their decsions at all, like Chile and Guatemala, those were bad. Have to have spies though, or Putin and his ilk will take over

The cold war was three decades ago. 

What have they done for us lately? Embroiled us in endless wars in the desert under phony WMD claims. Spied on its own citizens. Broke is (classified) charter. Partnered with known enemies of the US (ISIS and AQ). Ran guns, drugs, and human trafficking networks around the globe to line their own pockets.

No one is talking about getting rid of spies. We are talking about getting rid of the corrosive elements within the USIC who are actively working against US interests. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Sounds like a tough decision, keep fighting or let them go and have peace for Raqqa. No evidence this was done with malicious intent 

Incorrect. There are reams of evidence that the western backed gulf allies have been financially and militarily supporting ISIS since its creation - the US has been aware and complicit in this.