So police body cameras are a threat to civil rights now

LeviF

http://www.newsweek.com/police-body-camera-incident-report-memory-civil-rights-minority-711584

Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

More evidence that BLM and similar movements simply want people to be able to do whatever they want with no consequences.  Anything that helps bring them to justice is "violating civil rights."

BLM complains of abuse and racism(r) police

Police respond by equipping body cameras to improve accountability.

Body cameras do not show systemic racism(c) and abuse by police.  They do however show all the bullsh*t that the police have to deal with

Ergo body cameras are an abuse of civil rights.

• Haha (+1) 1

The way they take 15 minutes and botch the simplest of replays in football and baseball, just what is going to be definitively decided by a camera when the guilty hire the top criminal lawyers to tear it all apart.

• 2 weeks later...

As a criminal defense lawyer, I actually love body cameras. No one can lie about what happened when the entire encounter is on tape, and it's a great thing to harp on when there are convenient gaps in the recording.

Buddy of mine had a case where the cops did a completely illegal search of his client's cell phone on camera. Once he started making noise about that, the client was very quickly offered a great plea offer, ultimately resulting in a dismissal of all the charges.

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

As a criminal defense lawyer, I actually love body cameras. No one can lie about what happened when the entire encounter is on tape, and it's a great thing to harp on when there are convenient gaps in the recording.

Buddy of mine had a case where the cops did a completely illegal search of his client's cell phone on camera. Once he started making noise about that, the client was very quickly offered a great plea offer, ultimately resulting in a dismissal of all the charges.

Very good. 

Edited by row_33