Shocking news just released!!!

Nervous Guy

12 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Yes. And it's the taxpayer who suffers for it.

So we, as taxpayers, pay teacher salaries. Part of the teacher salaries go to NEA dues. The NEA then works to help elect democrats who ensure that the NEA is protected politically. You don't see an issue with any of this?

My reply that got lost was basically-  they are attempting to protect their interested as any intelligent person should.  I personally think it’s foolish to throw money at campaigning seeing as though it’s not a lock that your person will get elected, and even if they do, 9 times out of 10 nothing happens either way... the biggest issue that’s been brought up recently effecting this is the right to work vote which has been shot down on several levels across the country 

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Splitting hairs would be if you used a word like "compromised," but you didn't.  You said "earned," which implies working for.

Tell a union official who negotiated a contract that he/she didn’t earn those benefits for his/her union body.... that they didn’t work for their people...

Edited by CountryCletus

Just now, CountryCletus said:

My reply that got lost was basically-  they are attempting to protect their interested as any intelligent person should.  I personally think it’s foolish to throw money at campaigning seeing as though it’s not a lock that your person will get elected, and even if they do, 9 times out of 10 nothing happens either way... the biggest issue that’s been brought up recently effecting this is the right to work vote which has been shot down on several levels across the country 

You're kidding yourself if you think their electioneering doesn't matter

Just now, joesixpack said:

They do. But there are few organizations in this country with more political clout than the NEA. AARP comes to mind, as do some large corporations.

You’d also be kidding yourself if thought that unions run everything... money alone doesn’t win elections.

Politicians win elections with union backing and a stance of pro-labor and as soon as they get in office flip the script and run their own agenda.... there is absolutely no guarantees in politics, everyone knows that... 

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

You’d also be kidding yourself if thought that unions run everything... money alone doesn’t win elections.

I'm not saying ALL unions. Teacher unions. Stay on track. In no way, shape or form should a group that is funded by taxpayers be able to endorse candidates to protect their position with taxpayer dollars.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

I'm not saying ALL unions. Teacher unions. Stay on track. In no way, shape or form should a group that is funded by taxpayers be able to endorse candidates to protect their position with taxpayer dollars.

That’s asinine... they are funded in part by taxpayers.... ok.... they WORK to EARN their money, and their union dues are taken out of the money they work for.  What their union does with union money is union business, assuming it’s legal... it’s like saying teachers shouldn’t be able to buy cigarettes or booze with their pay.... 

(Don’t you find it a little funny that you want me to stay on topic in a thread that we’ve effectively hijacked?) 

4 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

That’s asinine... they are funded in part by taxpayers.... ok.... they WORK to EARN their money, and their union dues are taken out of the money they work for.  What their union does with union money is union business, assuming it’s legal... it’s like saying teachers shouldn’t be able to buy cigarettes or booze with their pay.... 

(Don’t you find it a little funny that you want me to stay on topic in a thread that we’ve effectively hijacked?) 

I'm a pro thread hijacker.

And yes, I see the irony.

:P

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cugalabanza said:

You mean careful as in, I better not risk coming in and getting anyone else sick

Better make sure you’re really sick... you’re unprotected and since you’re unionless, I’ve been told they are just going to crap can you if you get caught faking 

I do hope you feel better... maybe u will call off as well

4 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Better make sure you’re really sick... you’re unprotected and since you’re unionless, I’ve been told they are just going to crap can you if you get caught faking 

I do hope you feel better... maybe u will call off as well

You seem strangely committed to this position.  Actually, I already have a vacation day scheduled for tomorrow, so I'm free to stay home and make no attempt to hide the fact that I feel very good.  Thank you for your concern.