Shocking news just released!!!

Nervous Guy

27 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

Wow this thread was a major flopperoni....sigh.

Well, at least it didn't get hijacked, or anything like that.

I will say this about the board upgrade .... things seem to be a lot more light-hearted and fun since it happened.  Not sure how the upgrade led to that, but I, for one, will take it.

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Well, at least it didn't get hijacked, or anything like that.

I will say this about the board upgrade .... things seem to be a lot more light-hearted and fun since it happened.  Not sure how the upgrade led to that, but I, for one, will take it.

The riff-raff (for the most part) are still trying to figure it out... 

5 hours ago, CountryCletus said:

Are you anti-union?

I'm anti-teacher-union and anti-sports-union.

Unions were meant to protect those who worked hard, dangerous labor. But a union for millionaire athletes and people who work 9 months out of the year? neh.

Edited by joesixpack

Just now, CountryCletus said:

You’re suggesting that teachers don’t work hard? Are you a liberal?

I'm suggesting that half or more of teachers shouldn't be teaching but are allowed to for 30 years thanks to tenure and union protection.

I have some experience in this area.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

That’s fine, so with your experience, you should know that everything teachers or any other union member has was earned through mutual agreement between union, management and the employee, right??? I have some experience in LM

Earned or negotiated?

9 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

That’s fine, so with your experience, you should know that everything teachers or any other union member has was earned through mutual agreement between union, management and the employee, right??? I have some experience in LM

Yes. And it's the taxpayer who suffers for it.

So we, as taxpayers, pay teacher salaries. Part of the teacher salaries go to NEA dues. The NEA then works to help elect democrats who ensure that the NEA is protected politically. You don't see an issue with any of this?

4 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

You’re an idiot

?

They earned it through negotiation 

One doesn't earn something through negotiation; one obtains something through negotiation.

Earning something is entirely different.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

One doesn't earn something through negotiation; one obtains something through negotiation.

Earning something is entirely different.

You can try and derail a conversation by splitting hairs on a word selection if you wish, but it doesn’t change the facts

I don’t know where my original reply went

Just now, CountryCletus said:

You can try and derail a conversation by splitting hairs on a word selection if you wish, but it doesn’t change the facts

Splitting hairs would be if you used a word like "compromised," but you didn't.  You said "earned," which implies working for.