Shocking news just released!!!

Nervous Guy

42 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Crap... I was really hoping that the legitimate points that I earned would be replaced after they were stolen from me for no particular good reason at all.... 

but in other news.... you link works now.... so there’s that

If they were truly legit then just let me know and I will restore them.  You had about 44. 

44 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Crap... I was really hoping that the legitimate points that I earned would be replaced after they were stolen from me for no particular good reason at all.... 

but in other news.... you link works now.... so there’s that

that and I wish the tool worked all of the time.  I can only give out 1 in 10.   

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

If they were truly legit then just let me know and I will restore them.  You had about 44. 

half of mine were legit.   

I submitted a new question 

Why doesn't the Rep function work all of the time?

5 minutes ago, SDS said:

I was just going by a post that had people splitting up into teams. Apparently you got dragged into that. 

I believe "the team" part was just part of a joke.   We were teasing each other.  I do admit that it may have gotten a bit out of hand.  

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I believe "the team" part was just part of a joke.   We were teasing each other.  I do admit that it may have gotten a bit out of hand.  

It was a joke and the situation did get beyond what was started in fun.  I do not believe any points given were as a result of any sort of “collusion.”  I do believe because it was a new feature people “played” with it more than they might have otherwise had I not started the thread in the first place.  

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

because of the nature of labor laws in this country, they can really squeeze maximum blood from the stone.

europeans get what, a month of paid time off a year minimum? and they have even more generous sick time.

This is a very odd conclusion.  If you believe in any way in a competitive labor market time off becomes one of the components that American employers have to factor into their offering to employees or potential employees.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

It was a joke and the situation did get beyond what was started in fun.  I do not believe any points given were as a result of any sort of “collusion” though I do believe because it was a new feature people “played” with it more than they might have otherwise had I not started the thread in the first place.  

This is a very odd conclusion.  If you believe in any way in a competitive labor market time off becomes one of the components that American employers have to factor into their offering to employees or potential employees.

"offering" and "allowing" are two different things.

I saw a study somewhere that Americans, on average let about a third of their PTO go to waste each year. Why is that, you think?

Just now, joesixpack said:

"offering" and "allowing" are two different things.

I saw a study somewhere that Americans, on average let about a third of their PTO go to waste each year. Why is that, you think?

Being one of the people who generally leaves time on the table, it is because I choose to put my job as a priority,  The truth is there are a spectrum of reasons for this being true across a large group of people.  To your implied point, the perception of employer pressure is one of them.