Can Peterman avoid getting a "book on him?"

PromoTheRobot

I know it's a weird title. What I'm asking is does Peterman have enough skill to avoid being limited by NFL defensive coordinators? Let's face it, 90% of the passes we've seen him throw are short timing routes. Can he do other things or will we see another Saints game where a defense will zero in on a flaw and neutralize Peterman?  I suppose Dennison is part of the question too.

Doesn't matter if they have a book or not, what matters is if they can use it to stop you. Every team knows HOW to stop even Brady, but it's matter of executing that plan. Very few have been able to.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I know it's a weird title. What I'm asking is does Peterman have enough skill to avoid being limited by NFL defensive coordinators? Let's face it, 90% of the passes we've seen him throw are short timing routes. Can he do other things or will we see another Saints game where a defense will zero in on a flaw and neutralize Peterman?  I suppose Dennison is part of the question too.

.....this Dennison is ALWAYS a question.....shades of Fairchild II......

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

....I think Peterman possesses a greater grasp of the mental aspect of the game at the NFL speed level (even at this early career stage), namely reads, progressions, etc versus TT...TT on the other hand possesses greater mobility due to his wheels....Peterman may be what we grew accustomed to, namely the "prototypical NFL QB" versus TT being a variable to plan for based on his mobility which Dennison refuses to exploit consistently.....

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not going to lie. I lost a little itty bitty bit of confidence in our OC when he ran an option with Tolbert as the trailer this past week.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

And, for the record, I like the change to Peterman but I am also a realistic guy. Right now I see Peterman as Trent Edwards prior to Adrian Wilson.

I completely bought into Edwards hook, line and sinker. With Peterman I will just hope it works out the way I thought it could for Edwards.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

11 minutes ago, Rick B said:

I wonder if Peterman can play any better with such a poor offensive line then Taylor did. Playing well during garbage time just doesn't mean anything.

I'm betting this OL plays lights out protecting the rook starting this week and going forward. They get noticed only when things go wrong. Except in this situation all eyes will be on how they protect the Kid. It's a one chance at glory type of thing. They'll buy in. 

Edited by billsfan60

2 minutes ago, billsfan60 said:

I'm betting this OL plays lights out protecting the rook starting this week and going forward. They get noticed only when things go wrong. Except in this situation all eyes will be on how they protect the Kid. It's a one chance at glory type of thing. They'll buy in. 

Like with Fitz. He got the ball out fast and everyone said the O-line was good. 

• Like (+1) 1