LJ Shelton news from a Bears fan in Arizona...

as far as shelton is concerned - we are talking about arizona here, last time i checked (and i do live in tempe, az) the cards oline wasnt the greatest. Sure people around the league think he has potential but so did Dez White. We werent exactly stocked at WR and we let him go...for good reason

i read the paper and listen to the sports radio almost every day and the word around phx is that the cards are desperately tryin to get travis henry for a straight up swap with shelton but the bills aint biting. The most likely situation is that shelton will be outright cut if not traded to the bills or bears.

Why give up something for someone we can get after he is released? The cards are trying to pit the bears vs the bills to drive up his price. The cards OT signing only confirms the belief that he will be cut if not dealt.

http://www.webwaymonsters.com/phpBB2/viewt...p?p=51171#51171

I am not sure about this but I think a guy like Shelton would be able to sign for more than he is making now if he were out on the open market. That is why you would want to trade for him. The 3 mil flat per year for four years with no bonus to be amortized if you decide to cut him is a very good contract to have for a solid OL even if he is not spectacular. I think I would still trade Travis straight up for Shelton.

I am not sure about this but I think a guy like Shelton would be able to sign for more than he is making now if he were out on the open market. That is why you would want to trade for him. The 3 mil flat per year for four years with no bonus to be amortized if you decide to cut him is a very good contract to have for a solid OL even if he is not spectacular. I think I would still trade Travis straight up for Shelton.

264875[/snapback]

I think TD is trying to pry a late draft pick from AZ, but if he doesn't get that, he better just do the even swap.

Here is what I think is happening. Bears fans are hearing that TD is playing hardball with the Cards and forcing them to give up a draft pick to get Henry. Bills fans are hearing that the Cards dont want Henry unless the Bills throw in a draft pick of their own.

My guess is that the Cards are trying to play up both stories in an attempt to get a better deal for Shelton. What works to our benefit however is that there are rumors circulating that teams like Minnesota and Philly are looking to trade up in the Draft to snag one of the top 3 RBs...and since the Cards draft 8th, they'll be gambling if they can land one of the studs or end up with a 2nd tier RB. I think they'll realize this and trade Shelton for Henry sooner rather than later.

Here's what is happening.

The Bills are trying to trade for Shelton but Henry wants a long term deal. Denny Green just ran into George Seifert at the Phoenix airport and has completely freaked, thinking Bidwell has already bailed on him. So now he wants to hurry and trade Shelton to get Henry and calm Bidwell... only TD is sitting at home in his PJ's enoying a day off, knocking out a pack of Pall Malls and drinking his 2nd Old English 40oz. beer. Meanwhile the phone rings at his house and Green is just screaming for mercy. So TD says he's not interested unless he takes Nate Clements with Henry and gives him Shelton, LB Karlos Dansby and his #1 pick in April. TD inhales a drag while Green just snaps and starts cursing non-stop. Then TD slowly exhales and says " Take it or leave it " and hangs up. Laughing , he finishes off his Old English and chucks the bottle into the corner of his living room. The phone rings again and Caller ID shows it's Green again.

I think we'll hear something this week. Might be a little different from what I imagined...er...I mean...HEARD. Yeah, that's the ticket. From what I heard.

The Bills are trying to trade for Shelton but Henry wants a long term deal. Denny Green just ran into George Seifert at the Phoenix airport and has completely freaked, thinking Bidwell has already bailed on him. So now he wants to hurry and trade Shelton to get Henry and calm Bidwell... only TD is sitting at home in his PJ's enoying a day off, knocking out a pack of Pall Malls and drinking his 2nd Old English 40oz. beer. Meanwhile the phone rings at his house and Green is just screaming for mercy. So TD says he's not interested unless he takes Nate Clements with Henry and gives him Shelton, LB Karlos Dansby and his #1 pick in April. TD inhales a drag while Green just snaps and starts cursing non-stop. Then TD slowly exhales and says " Take it or leave it " and hangs up. Laughing , he finishes off his Old English and chucks the bottle into the corner of his living room. The phone rings again and Caller ID shows it's Green again.

I think we'll hear something this week. Might be a little different from what I imagined...er...I mean...HEARD. Yeah, that's the ticket. From what I heard.

264907[/snapback]

That was funny

Pfffft. A lot you know about 40oz beers. Go ask the Pimps hanging around Tahou's. They'll straighten you out.

264915[/snapback]

I heard he's a St. Ides man, if you know what I mean....

:o;);)

Here's what is really happening: TD is at Hef's place cavorting around with the scantily clad "ladies", enjoying a Cuban or two, and rubbing baby oil all over those smooth nubile young bodies w/o using his hands.

:o

He could care less about what's happening around the league this weekend. A man has to relax every once and again. FYI, his wife is on a French shopping spree to occupy her mind while the mouse plays. *evil grin*

This just in...........our not-so-intelligent GM has forgot his blue pills and may not be "up" to the task of reciprocating those sinful advances by those femme fatales. ;)

Guest BackInDaDay

264907[/snapback]

:o Bravo! I wondered what happenned to 'The Smoking Man'.