Whatever happened to Doug Whaley and His Crew?

BuffaloRush

On 2017-11-16 at 9:08 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Even worse for Whaley then--Hue is a bust.

I think it's pretty simple--if Whaley had not endorsed Rex to Pegula, then Whaley would not have been fired.  Pegula would have accepted the hiring of Rex as his own mistake and would have told Whaley "I blew it, you were right".  Instead, Pegula fired Rex apparently without much notice to his GM and then kept Whaley around only long enough to get through the draft then pushed him off the plank he had him on for those long 4 months. 

"Ultimatum" or not, both Rex and Whaley were on notice to turn things around in 2016 or they were both gone (more evidence of Pegula's displeasure with the coaching pick).  They didn't turn things around, and they are both gone--Rex before the season was over, Whaley as soon as it was convenient for Pegula and the team.

I don't see any evidence to the contrary. 

My understanding was Russ Brandon suggested bringing in Rex after the first round of interviews.  Could be wrong, but, don't remember it being Whsley and don't think he was on the initial list.

And, very confident the Pegula's were in the first interview with Rex as another poster suggested didn't happen.

On 2017-11-16 at 11:04 AM, Buffalo86 said:

I agree with this.  Rather than stand up and be the voice of reason, Whaley was more interested in keeping his job.  Any one of us could've made a solid argument for why hiring Rex was a huge step in the wrong direction, but Whaley was in a unique position to make himself heard on this & chose not to do so.  For that reason, and others, I'm glad he's gone.  

That I would agree with