PFF: Ranking the NFL QBs on 3-Step Concepts

26CornerBlitz

9. TYROD TAYLORBUFFALO BILLS

Passer rating on 3-step concepts: 96.4

Taylor has attempted 46 passes on 3-step concepts, completing 31 of them for 261 yards and two touchdowns against zero interceptions. He has seen pressure on just 10.4 percent of dropbacks, the fourth-lowest rate in the league. His has kept these passes relatively short, as his average depth of target (3.0 yards) is tied with the Rams’ Goff for fourth-lowest among qualifying quarterbacks.

Can't believe there are till people out there defending Tyrod.......  Getting kind of embarrassing at this point.  Look, I like the guy just fine.  He would be a great backup to have on any team.  But he is not going to lead any team to a Super Bowl.

11 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Can't believe there are till people out there defending Tyrod.......  Getting kind of embarrassing at this point.  Look, I like the guy just fine.  He would be a great backup to have on any team.  But he is not going to lead any team to a Super Bowl.

Opinion

On 11/13/2017 at 2:35 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

“I believe in Tyrod.  Tyrod’s our starter,” McDermott reiterated to reporters once again.

McDermott acknowledged that he understands why some fans would be calling for Taylor’s benching and for the team to play rookie Nathan Peterman, but added “I know what Tyrod’s done and I also know what Nate’s done, and Tyrod’s our starter.”

Peterman did enter the game late in the fourth quarter with the Bills trailing 40-3.  He completed 7-of-10 passes for 79 yards, including his first career TD pass in the NFL, a 7-yard toss to tight end Nick O’Leary. 

“Nathan’s a good player,” McDermott said.  “I like what he did yesterday.  I think he did some good things in the game.  I know where they’re coming from, from a fans’ standpoint.”

Reality.

1 hour ago, Pbomb said:

I knew tyrod was good! And these stats prove it,  just wait until the bills decide to finally unleash him

You should see his rating when he's rolling to his right, against a 4-man front, up by 6 or more points, against AFC teams, when the temperature is above 60 degrees. We've found our guy.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Opinion

Reality.

I have to admit, you're conviction is admirable.    

My faith is waning.

I like the guy - and I think he is a balller....just starting to think he doesn't ball out often enough.... definitely not consistently enough.

Hope like hell the Bills get it right with the next guy - whoever it is.

Just now, PolishDave said:

I have to admit, you're conviction is admirable.    

My faith is waning.

I like the guy - and I think he is a balller....just starting to think he doesn't ball out often enough.... definitely not consistently enough.

Hope like hell the Bills get it right with the next guy - whoever it is.

He's not going to carry a team like the Franchise QB we all want.  That guy hopefully will be acquired in the 2018 draft. 

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's not going to carry a team like the Franchise QB we all want.  That guy hopefully will be acquired in the 2018 draft. 

Yep.   Gotta get it right eventually.

Or so we hope.

Just wonder how they are going to piece the rest of the team together.   After the last two games they look like a team that is at least several years away.

Three games ago, they looked like a team that was very, very close.

WTF?

Just now, PolishDave said:

Yep.   Gotta get it right eventually.

Or so we hope.

Just wonder how they are going to piece the rest of the team together.   After the last two games they look like a team that is at least several years away.

Three games ago, they looked like a team that was very, very close.

WTF?

The defense has gradually declined due to injury, loss of talent, and not enough size.  They have been losing the LOS on both sides of the ball for these last two weeks against teams who had the personnel to exploit them.  Taylor and the rest of the team were outclassed by the Saints on Sunday with the run D being epically bad as evidenced by the move to get Coleman as a salve for the exposed DT position. 

10 hours ago, PeterGriffin said:

Does this mean Tyrod has been unleashed?

I say no.    If he was unleashed he's be TOP in the 5 step concept.  

10 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

this so called stat means nothing at this point. anybody see the last two games? 8 in the box, 8 in the box, sack. 8 in the box, check down. but hey, he doesn't throw interceptions.

darn it this is the 2nd post I couldn't give you a Smiley Rep point