Bills vs. Saints Postgame - Total Domination

26CornerBlitz

This was a bit of a perfect storm for the Saints in terms of matchup.  While I didn't expect a blowout win, I did expect the Saints to come away with a W.

1 - Saints future HoF QB against a defense that can't pressure the QB if their lives depended on it.

2 - Saints improved running attack against a defense that just got lit up by the Jets for 194 yards(BTW the Jets had a whopping 56 yards rushing today against TB).

Game over.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bills fans everywhere today: 

Image result for lucy pulls away the football gif

Yep.  That's exactly how I feel. Suckered again. 

The first 6 weeks I reminded myself it was smoke and mirrors, narrow wins caused by fluke turn overs and a weak schedule.  But after the Raiders game at 5 - 2, It seemed like the team really was good enough for playoffs.  Maybe the D would continue creating turnovers.  Denison's game plans were starting to look like last year and could Tyrod really be developing into a serious NFL QB?

After the Raiders I felt  5-4 from there seemed doable.   Was looking forward to going to last game against the Fish with something on the line, or even already in the playoffs.  Maybe this won't be 2011.  

Now I just feel like a sucker as Lucy Beane pulls the ball away and laughs as she trades away our best young players.

It sucks that we once again know our team is not nearly good enough and NE will have the division wrapped up by Thanksgiving.

Where are all the people who spent the whole offseason laughing at me and asking me "what in the world I'd seen to make me afraid of the Saints?" 

I know who they are, let's see if any of them turn up to admit the error of their ways today.  The Bills were totally dominated in all facets yesterday.  However, make no mistake about it.... the Saints are for real.  They are going to give Drew one more run.  My Superbowl darkhorse just got a whole lot brighter.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000875794/article/nfl-week-10-thirtysix-takeaways-from-sunday

Saints 47, Bills 10

1. For all of the passing records Drew Brees has shattered in the cozy indoor confines of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Sean Payton's Super Bowl formula has long been a strong running game complemented by a swarming, opportunistic defense that allows the Saints to succeed in the harsh elements outside of their dome-field advantage. Easily establishing a rhythm while taking advantage of Payton's brilliant play-calling, Brees is orchestrating an unstoppable, all-weather attack that features a stout offensive line, a dynamic backfield duo, a legitimate No. 1 receiver in Michael Thomas, an electric game-breaker in Ted Ginn and a physical big-play threat in Brandon Coleman. The Saints appear to be on an NFC collision course with the Eagles, their challenger as the most balanced team in the league.

2. We won't see a more lopsided contest all season, as New Orleans marched through Buffalo like General Sherman to Savannah. Consistently reaching the second level of the defense behind a dominant blocking unit, well-rounded power back Mark Ingram and electric rookie Alvin Kamarabecame the first pair of Saints to clear the century mark in rushing yards since Reggie Bush and Deuce McAllister accomplished the feat in 2006. At one point in the second half, Payton called 24 consecutive run plays, imposing his will en route to a season-high 298 rushing yards. That mark fell just nine shy of the single-game franchise record. Since the ill-fitted Adrian Peterson was jettisoned last month, Ingram leads the NFL with seven touchdowns while Kamara has been everything that more ballyhooed division rival Christian McCaffrey was hyped to be as a versatile pass-catching threat and elusive, tackle-shedding runner. Together, Kamara and Ingram are on pace for 2,940 yards from scrimmage, nearly 500 more than the total recorded by Atlanta's talented duo of Devonta Freeman and Tevin Coleman in last year's Super Bowl campaign.

3. In consecutive blowout losses to New York and New Orleans, the Bills have been exposed as well-coached overachievers with a shallow roster. Since trading defensive tackle Marcell Dareus to Jacksonville, Sean McDermott's defense has hemorrhaged 194 rushing yards to the Jets last week in addition to the historic output from the Saints on Sunday. Even in a down year for the AFC, Buffalo is far from a lock to slide into a wild-card slot.

-- Chris Wesseling

Don’t Boo Your Team, Bills Fans: I wasn’t at Ralph Wilson Stadium, but unless they put a montage of ex-GM Doug Whaley’s greatest roster-building moments on the video screen the booing of this team at halftime was unacceptable. This is a 3-13-caliber roster that’s going to be playing meaningful football in December and maybe even January. They were out-classed by a superior team on Sunday. Western New York has had a bad habit of letting expectations get out of hand in recent years. I strongly suggest not doing it again.

Following a second embarrassing loss in a row, the Buffalo Bills have a perceived quarterback controversy among their fans. Even though Sean McDermott confirmed that Tyrod Taylor is his starter, Nathan Peterman’s performance yesterday has many questioning if he should get the start on Sunday in Los Angeles.

While no one expects the Bills to make a change, that will not stop the discussion this week asking if the team should make a change. The Bills Links includes plenty of coverage of the quarterbacks, the run defense, and every piece of analysis you can stomach from Sunday’s 47-10 blowout loss.

HB Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints, 88.5 overall grade

With one of the most dominant rushing performances of the season, it won’t surprise anyone to see three members of the New Orleans Saints on this list this week. On 21 carries, Mark Ingram averaged 4.86 yards after contact and forced five missed tackles, good for an elusive rating of 115.6, the fifth-best mark by a running back this week.

HB Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints, 89.1 overall grade

While Ingram had the fifth-best elusive rating, his rookie teammate Alvin Kamara ranked at the top, coming in at 145.1 after forcing eight missed tackles on 17 touches as a runner and a receiver. The duo are arguably the best backfield combination in the NFL right now, and have the Saints rocking towards the postseason.

Stats that Stood Out

Posted by Chris Brown on November 12, 2017 – 6:41 pm

There weren’t any that were pretty on Sunday in the stat column, but there were some stats that were eye popping. Here’s a look if you dare.

Number of 3-and-out possessions for the Bills – 5
Number of scoring possessions lasting 3 plays or fewer for the Saints – 2

Time of possession
Saints – 41:23
Bills – 18:37

Average yards per carry
Mark Ingram – 6.2
Alvin Kamara – 8.8

Number of rushing touchdowns allowed by Bills – 6 (a franchise record)

Red zone efficiency
Bills – 1-2 (50%)
Saints – 5-7 (71%)

Punts
Bills – Colton Schmidt – 6 for 45.3 gross average
Saints – Thomas Morstead – 0

Benjamin leads all WRs in playing time

Posted by Chris Brown on November 13, 2017 – 8:44 am

The Bills newest wide receiver didn’t get too many chances to make an impact on Sunday’s game. But that doesn’t mean he wasn’t on the field a lot. Here’s a look at his playing time in his Bills debut compared to the other receivers on the roster.

As seen below, Benjamin logged the most time on the field at the receiver position with 41 snaps for 85 percent participation. The Bills only ran 48 plays Sunday. Unfortunately Benjamin, after being targeted three times on the opening drive, wasn’t targeted again until four minutes left in the game.

Playtime percentage WRs
Kelvin Benjamin – 41 snaps (85%)
Deonte Thompson – 39 snaps (81%)
Jordan Matthews – 36 snaps (75%)
Andre Holmes – 9 snaps (19%)
Brandon Tate – 3 snaps (6%)