TOP 5 GRADES:

T Dion Dawkins, 84.4 overall grade

CB Tre’Davious White, 81.0 overall grade

RB LeSean McCoy, 78.4 overall grade

T Jordan Mills, 77.3 overall grade

G Vladimir Ducasse, 76.7 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:

DION DAWKINS84.4 OVERALL GRADE

In a game where the Bills offense struggled to get going one of the strengths was the play by left tackle Dion Dawkins. Dawkins, who was replacing a very good player in Cordy Glenn, allowed 0 pressures on 36 pass plays

QB TYROD TAYLOR, 65.7 OVERALL GRADE

The Bills were behind a lot early and had to rely on the passing game to get them back in the game, but the passing game was unable to get anything going. Taylor’s grade is not a disaster, but this is due to the fact that the Bills where unable to get first downs and Taylor didn’t get the opportunity to make many plays, good or bad, due to the quick three and outs throughout the game.

CB TRE’DAVIOUS WHITE81.0 OVERALL GRADE

White was one of the few players that had above-average performances on defense. He was targeted three times in coverage, allowing two catches for 35 yards to Michael Thomas, but he also had the Bills’ lone pass breakup in the game.

LB PRESTON BROWN, 29.5 OVERALL GRADE

The entire defense shares the blame for their abysmal performance against the run. Brown had the lowest run-defense grade, however, as he was sealed off at the second level several times and was even out of his gap on a couple of occasions.

This is how I know pff is garbage. A guy with 56 yards passing gets anything other than a 0.

Battista: Saints rout Bills, put rest of NFC on notice

BUFFALO -- In Drew Brees' long, record-setting career, there have probably been few moments when he wondered if his New Orleans teammates would be mad if he threw a touchdown pass.

Such was the nature of the Saints' dominance Sunday over the Bills, though, that when he heard the play call come in at the end of a 94-yard drive, a call asking for a pass from the 7-yard line, Brees figured running backs Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara might be miffed. They, after all, had churned through the Bills' defense all day, breaking off run after run, seizing control of the clock, contributing to a Saints personality they haven't had since their 2009 Super Bowl season.

It was fitting, then, that when Brees could not find an open receiver, and he saw left tackle Terron Armstead mow down another Bills defender in what was a long day for them, he scrambled for a rushing touchdown of his own, capping a 10-play drive in which the ball was never in the air. It was one of a Saints record six rushing touchdowns on the way to a 47-10 victory. So what did the running backs think about that play call?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Growing up my mother always called New Years Eve “Amateur Night”. I’m not sure I want to be known as a professional there, but there is something to be said about over-reacting. It’s one game, a horrific two game skid. We have holes. Is there  anyone  who did not know that? THIS isn’t the year. Relax......... I’ll trust the process for probably another couple years, then re-evaluate. 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Growing up my mother always called New Years Eve “Amateur Night”. I’m not sure I want to be known as a professional there, but there is something to be said about over-reacting. It’s one game, a horrific two game skid. We have holes. Is there  anyone  who did not know that? THIS isn’t the year. Relax......... I’ll trust the process for probably another couple years, then re-evaluate. 

Good take here, Augie. And healthier, too. 

Watching Drew Brees confidently run that offense and do what he needed to do to compliment the great running game just reminds me how I wish we had drafted him back in 2001. Instead we got Nate Clements. Oh yeah we didn't need Brees because we had future HOFer Rob Johnson. We were so deep at QB who needed him!!

The past two games the Bills were out coached, over powered and shown to be not play off worthy.  These are the kind of games that leave mental wounds that cause a team to fall apart.  Three tough games ahead and the Bills can be out of the play off picture by December 3rd.  Next Sunday is a must win.

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

It's strange. Almost like a switch was turned. This isn't the same team we saw earlier on in the year.

I agree. The biggest issue that I see is tackling. At the start of the year when the Bill's D touched someone they went down thus good D. Now it appears that people are running through every arm tackle.  It is just odd the SUDDEN change!

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

I agree. The biggest issue that I see is tackling. At the start of the year when the Bill's D touched someone they went down thus good D. Now it appears that people are running through every arm tackle.  It is just odd the SUDDEN change!

Someone on Twitter said it really well. They're trying to strip it first, and then tackle, when it should be the other way around. 

CBS Sports Week 10 Grades:  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-10-grades-unstoppable-saints-get-an-a-packers-get-a-b-for-road-win/

New Orleans 47-10 over Buffalo

NO.pngSaints: A+

The fact that the Saints lit up the scoreboard on Sunday wasn't that surprising, but it was surprising that they did it despite the fact that Drew Brees didn't throw a touchdown pass. Before Sunday, the Saints had never scored more than 27 points in a game where Brees didn't throw a TD pass. Although Brees didn't score through the air, he did throw many, many passes to Michael Thomas. Thomas caught nine passes for 117 yards, which accounted for more than half of Brees' yardage (18 of 25 for 184 yards). 

BUF.png Bills: F

The Bills should probably just go ahead and burn every piece of film from this game because there's no reason to relive the total disaster that played out in Buffalo on Sunday. The Bills' offense couldn't move the ball, the Bills' defense got trampled by a Saints running game that almost never tramples anyone, and all of that led to the Bills' worst home loss since 2012. This game marked just the third time since 1988 that the Bills have surrendered 290 or more yards on the ground.

1 hour ago, JM2009 said:

The Saints averaged 14.2 yards per rush when the Bills had 8 or more defenders in the box.

Is that even possible?!?

That has to be about the worst run defense stat I have ever read.

It also is demoralizing when you commit to stopping the run with 8 men in the box, the other team nevertheless chooses to run the ball even though you have 8 in the box, and the other team runs right over the defense to the tune of 14.2 yards per rush.

Ugh.

• SDS unpinned this topic
41 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is that even possible?!?

That has to be about the worst run defense stat I have ever read.

It also is demoralizing when you commit to stopping the run with 8 men in the box, the other team nevertheless chooses to run the ball even though you have 8 in the box, and the other team runs right over the defense to the tune of 14.2 yards per rush.

Ugh.

Ya I don't know if Alabama could get 14.2 yards per rush against a div 2 school. 

Our DTs and Preston Brown are so bad.