Rumor from Cardinal Message Board

Worst case scenario is that we designate him with ohne of the two tags and work out a trade.  Donahoe's too good to just let that type of talent walk without getting anything.

264764[/snapback]

I think people still don't give TD the credit he deserves for getting a 1st ronder out of Peerless Price when he was going to walk. If it were an easy thing to just tag all your free agents and then trade them then everyone would be doing it regularly. Instead, you see teams possibly screw themselves with cap issues, like the Raiders with Woodson. You have to be ready to absorb a ridiculous cap hit if the player just decides to play under the tag, like Pace in St. Louis. What do the top 5 corners make in the league? It's gotta be pretty high. I'd like to see Nate's contract be redone. I don't want to see Ty Law in here. That's what we need, more New England cast offs.

RTB

I'll  tell you, the Bills are really a hot topic on the cardinal board. They got themselves all worked up and trying to talk trash with bills fans. Kind of humorous.

264845[/snapback]

Are Cards fans leagally allowed to talk trash to anyone? They even lost the right to trash Tampa Bay. Poor souls.

I think perhaps the Henry trade will be revived as soon as Fred Miller signs with the Bears. He may still go with the Saints but it has been narrowed to those two and the Saints just signed OG Mayberry a couple days ago.

Rams | Out of Running for Miller - from www.KFFL.com

Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:02:09 -0800

Updating a previous report, Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports the St. Louis Rams appear to be out of the running for free agent OT Fred Miller (Titans), as the veteran tackle is expected to decide between the Chicago Bears or New Orleans Saints, perhaps as early as Sunday, March 6.

And Lenny Passthepotatoes thinks the Saints signed Mayberry to play tackle and will not now pursue Miller.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2005981