College Basketball 2017-2018

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was hoping for a competitive game and got it. OSU is in a rebuild talent-wise but i really like the new coach from Butler. Last year they would have lost that game by 25. 

Heels shot lights out from long range...but definitely not a blowout.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If anyone didn’t turn the channel after the Bills game, unranked OSU took down #1 Sparty in CBus! 4-0 in big 10 and 1st place. I’m a big believer in coach Holtmann from Butler! 

Im so glad SU pulled Bazley away from the state of Ohio

there isn't another 6'9 kid on the circuit who can dribble, pass, defend, shoot and rebound like Bazley

he is special and getting better daily 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Bad weekend for top teams, a joy to watch UNC and Duke bite the dust, then Zone got massacred (not on TV up here)

Man, Izzo looked pissed. Good news is buckeyes don’t have to go the Breslin Center this year.

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Im so glad SU pulled Bazley away from the state of Ohio

there isn't another 6'9 kid on the circuit who can dribble, pass, defend, shoot and rebound like Bazley

he is special and getting better daily 

Yeah there were quite a few guys who left during the coaching change. He’s one of them. Another is Braxton Beverly who is balling at NCState. OSU is in a talent rebuild and we didn’t expect much this year but they are very well coached and exceeding expectations.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Man, Izzo looked pissed. Good news is buckeyes don’t have to go the Breslin Center this year.

Yeah there were quite a few guys who left during the coaching change. He’s one of them. Another is Braxton Beverly who is balling at NCState. OSU is in a talent rebuild and we didn’t expect much this year but they are very well coached and exceeding expectations.

Well I will take it. He looks like the piece to bring CUSE back to national prominence next year 

they will be loaded and big

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:31 PM, YoloinOhio said:

If anyone didn’t turn the channel after the Bills game, unranked OSU took down #1 Sparty in CBus! 4-0 in big 10 and 1st place. I’m a big believer in coach Holtmann from Butler! 

Ohio State is the biggest surprise of the year imo.  I thought they were in full rebuild mold.  I think they are now 6-0 in Conference play & got their signature win against Sparty.  Unless the wheels fall off they are looking like a sure tournament team at this point.  Very encouraging if you are a Buckeye fan. 

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

UB is smoking the MAC. Another 95 points and 28 point win tonight. 87 ppg average. 

UB is rolling thru the MAC right now.  Looks like their tough nonconference schedule is paying dividends.  It should be an exciting time in WNY come tournament time.  UB should be the favorite to win the MAC, Bonnie is in the top end of the A-10 with Rhode Island/VCU being their main competition & don't count Canisius out of the MAAC tournament.  They should be seeded in the top 4.  That would be great if we could get 2 or 3 teams in there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Spiders beat VCU!!! I know not big anywhere else, but in Richmond that is a big deal! Wish I would have gone, but tickets just a might too pricey at VCU. Fun being in their gym with Richmond gear on..but always been a loss when I have been there!

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

TV alert! UB @ Western Michigan on ESPNU Friday 7pm. The two two teams in the conference go at it.

I’m planning to go to the game in Athens when UB plays OU next Friday night . Any excuse to visit Athens! :)

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’m planning to go to the game in Athens when UB plays OU. Any excuse to visit Athens!

I checked airfares from Boston to Cleveland for the MAC tourney. $71/RT! So tempting, but I made other plans months ago. (Damn)