Sex Allegations Against Roy Moore Send Republicans Reeling

ALF

Makes me think Bill was such a drag on Hillary's campaign. This issue of sexual assault is an issue that will be used against Trump if he is still president and runs again. 

Corey Booker did a good job getting out the vote, also 

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Sorry Frankenberry, looks like your last excuse to hang on just flew out the window!

He has to go. Democrats won't tolerate that crap anymore. They have the moral high ground n this issue, too 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Makes me think Bill was such a drag on Hillary's campaign. This issue of sexual assault is an issue that will be used against Trump if he is still president and runs again. 

He has to go. Democrats won't tolerate that crap anymore. They have the moral high ground n this issue, too 

Hilary was a terrible candidate all on her own. If she'd have run against anyone other than Trump I think she'd have lost in a landslide. 

I agree about the high ground. Trump's endorsement of Moore is going to hang over his head for years. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Hilary was a terrible candidate all on her own. If she'd have run against anyone other than Trump I think she'd have lost in a landslide. 

I agree about the high ground. Trump's endorsement of Moore is going to hang over his head for years. 

No, Trump beat all the Republicans, too. She got millions of more votes. 

Bill hurt her campaign 

Just now, Tiberius said:

No, Trump beat all the Republicans, too. She got millions of more votes. 

Bill hurt her campaign 

Obviously. 

I'm just saying that in a head to head general election, Hilary would have been dusted by pretty much any of the other options. They'd have attacked her numerous flaws, and unlike Trump, she'd have had nothing to attack them on. 

Hilary was a horrible candidate. She had so many flaws and negative talking points it's unbelievable the Dems went so out of their way to rig things so that she got in ahead of Bernie (who I think would have destroyed any Republican candidate). 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No doubt. I blame the Democrats for Trump more than anyone in America.

As do I.

Their insistence that Hilary had to be the candidate was mind boggling. They let Bernie wipe the floor with her in the debates for months, only to push her to the forefront in the middle of a major investigation. Such horrible decision making. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Magox said:

Remember during the Obama era when it used to be so great to watch MSNBC in full meltdown mode election after election?

Watching the FOX news evening Nationalist lineup is going to be epic!

I enjoy meltdowns on both sides.  I think this is a good thing long term for the GOP though.

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The lesson of November 2016 is confirmed ...................run a sh*tty candidate and you lose. :lol:

Congrats to Senator Jones, but I would just rent a house in DC if I was you..............

ACA will be more difficult to repeal now before midterms.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I enjoy meltdowns on both sides.  I think this is a good thing long term for the GOP though.

It could.

Hard to imagine Trump changing his ways though. Also, I imagine the Breitbart guys are going to be even more aggressive in the future having to recover from the blame they're inevitably going to get for pushing Roy Moore in this election.

If they'd not got involved with pushing their "movement" and just allowed the Republicans run Luther Strange, I'd have gone to bed an hour ago... 

Edited by jrober38

17 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Their insistence that Hilary had to be the candidate was mind boggling. They let Bernie wipe the floor with her in the debates for months, only to push her to the forefront in the middle of a major investigation. Such horrible decision making. 

It was all worthwhile to watch her lose in disgrace.

Edited by KD in CA

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Draining the swamp just got a little more difficult.

From what I've read, Mo Brooks would have been the perfect candidate in Alabama if you buy into Trump's "draining the swamp" rhetoric.  I think Brooks will run for and win the 2020 Senate seat that Jones just took.

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Oh, I see the pedophile lost the election. Good news. Another thorn in Trump's side until he is voted out in 2020 and we can get some sanity back in this country.

Yeah, because the 2020 election will wipe the past 20 years out of every one's memory...  :lol:

kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

Congratulations to Doug Jones on a hard fought victory. The write-in votes played a very big factor, but a win is a win. The people of Alabama are great, and the Republicans will have another shot at this seat in a very short period of time. It never ends!

8:08 PM - 12 Dec 2017

Edited by B-Man

4 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I don't think there's much doubt that the better man won, but can Jones hold the seat beyond 2020 in such a conservative state without essentially toeing the republican party - or at least the conservative - line?

Nope. His best option, for a long political life, would be to convert to a RINO.

Edited by Paulus

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He was the prosecutor that put a Klansman in jail. He can't be a Republican 

Statements like this is why you are looked on so poorly here. Well, one of the reasons.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/in-alabama-jeff-sessions-desegregated-schools-and-got-the-death-penalty-for-kkk-murderer-updated/article/2005461

Sessions's actual track record certainly doesn't suggest he's a racist. Quite the opposite, in fact. As a U.S. Attorney he filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted Klansman Henry Francis Hays, son of Alabama Klan leader Bennie Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays. When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan, effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama.

54 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Statements like this is why you are looked on so poorly here. Well, one of the reasons.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/in-alabama-jeff-sessions-desegregated-schools-and-got-the-death-penalty-for-kkk-murderer-updated/article/2005461

Sessions's actual track record certainly doesn't suggest he's a racist. Quite the opposite, in fact. As a U.S. Attorney he filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted Klansman Henry Francis Hays, son of Alabama Klan leader Bennie Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays. When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan, effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama.

Session is not a racist because he prosecuted a murderer who happened to be a racist...?

So if he WAS a racist...he he would have let that guy go?

Sounds legit to me...