Political Compass

Political Compass  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you fall on the traditional political compass?

• Authoritarian Left
    • Authoritarian Right
    • Libertarian Left
    • Libertarian Right

On 11/9/2017 at 2:37 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Longtime lurker, first time poster. Just wondering which of the four quadrants on the traditional compass best describes where you would fall? 

Here you go - here's a link to the actual test.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

On 11/9/2017 at 3:13 PM, ALF said:

Where would John Kasich fall on that graph  ?  I supported him  . I want bipartisan statesmen in Congress and WH

The old "what would John Kasich do?", eh?

I posted the link above. Take the test, post your results honestly. I'll bet you're not as centrist as you think you are. The last time we did this, a few people were surprised at learning what category the fell into. 

edit: I just took the test myself, and am pretty much the same as a couple years ago when we did this before:

Economic Left/Right: 5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.0

chart.png

Edited by Azalin

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:03 PM, Azalin said:

I posted the link above. Take the test, post your results honestly. I'll bet you're not as centrist as you think you are. The last time we did this, a few people were surprised at learning what category the fell into. 

edit: I just took the test myself, and am pretty much the same as a couple years ago when we did this before:

chart.png

You and I would get along just fine.

if i answered strongly agree to five of them I'd fear the thought police would be climbing up the outside of my office building to kick in my windows and arrest me.

one professional audit exam asked if it was okay to slap someone in the face to get them to cooperate and answer questions.

I looked up sadly and thought "good grief"

43 minutes ago, row_33 said:

if i answered strongly agree to five of them I'd fear the thought police would be climbing up the outside of my office building to kick in my windows and arrest me.

one professional audit exam asked if it was okay to slap someone in the face to get them to cooperate and answer questions.

I'd have crossed that out and answered that I'd prefer to waterboard them.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

My first thought was "Sure, with a 2x4."

On 11/12/2017 at 1:03 PM, Azalin said:

chart.png

I'm one square further up, and two squares further left.

But I take issue with some of the questions.  E.g. "One of the benefits of a totalitarian society..." Well, yeah, the speed at which decisions are made is a benefit...the problem is that a single benefit doesn't make the entire system beneficial - that one benefit is far outweighed by all the other **** that goes along with it.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

You and I would get along just fine.

I already knew that - you live in Texas and are a musician. Bills fan seals the deal. (where the hell did the beer emoji go?)

35 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But I take issue with some of the questions.  E.g. "One of the benefits of a totalitarian society..." Well, yeah, the speed at which decisions are made is a benefit...the problem is that a single benefit doesn't make the entire system beneficial - that one benefit is far outweighed by all the other **** that goes along with it.

Agreed. The test could be more detailed and specific, and there were a question or two that I rolled my eyes at, but for 5 minutes spent it's pretty accurate.

On 11/12/2017 at 1:03 PM, Azalin said:

chart.png

Economic Left/Right: 5.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

chart?ec=5.0&soc=-3.33

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

My first thought was "Sure, with a 2x4."

So you're roughly about where I am

Does that still make me an idiot? :P

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

About where I thought I'd be.  I can continue saying I lean left.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.0 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.82

personalised chart

At least you're libertarian left - left and right isn't as much of an issue with me as libertarian vs authoritarian is. (once again I find myself really missing the beer emoji)