McNally and the line

is not quality at all. Notice when Tom Donahoe announced the Bledsoe releasing he stated that "our offensive line is not good enough" I am remaining patient but right now we are putting way too much faith in McNally. Yes, he is excellent but this is unfair to him. I do feel he could make Shelton into a nice tackle. I just don't know if we can get that trade done. Tucker is the person I do not want on that line. Too slow. Very average. The draft will be key as far as young depth. I just don't feel great about it.

He said " Our Offense isn't good enough ", not specifying the line. Still, you'll get little argument from most of us.

I agree with Tucker. He may be a nice versitile backup but what this line lacks is a good push in the running game. Mike Williams and Chris Villarial did fairly well, on the right side. The pass protection was OK and obviously will look better with the mobile Losman. A replacement needs to be identified for Jennings, who was OK in pass protection and below average in the running game. If Shelton is that guy, so be it but a few other starting Tackles are available and plenty of Guards.

Let's see how Free Agency shakes out. Too early to express concern.

What did you expect, miracles? McNally just joined the team last year and was pretty much told who to play and where because the Bills felt they were a playoff team. McNally said as much at the time. Now he's most likely got carte blanche to do with the line as he sees fit. Have faith. McNally didn't get his rep for nothing, you know.

What did you expect, miracles?  McNally just joined the team last year and was pretty much told who to play and where because the Bills felt they were a playoff team.    McNally said as much at the time.  Now he's most likely got carte blanche to do with the line as he sees fit.  Have faith.  McNally didn't get his rep for nothing, you know.

264628[/snapback]

Mad this is dead on...

The guy is an elite coach...it took him half a season to reach a player with great potential and a high salary who we thought was unreachable and who had a huge meltdown before the season started.

Coach M can work with just about anything -- but I think he was generally happy with the Right Side of the line last year and wants to tinker with C, LG and LT...so let's let him tinker---it could look something like...

Teague--Demulling--Tucker/Faine (ohhhh--if the loss of stength is just a rumor)--Chris V -- Williams

or

Shelton--Demulling--Teague-Chris V-Williams

Also--don't discount Jason Peters turning into a LT---the guy is special from an athletic standpoint but may have trouble grasping complex schemes --let's see if the McNally magic can work on this...

By the way--I don't think we are necessarily tossing the playoffs away if we retool the line--continuity is important--but so is coaching and talent.....

Shelton--Demulling--Teague-Chris V-Williams

I think this is likely. The backups would be Gandy for the T slots, Bannan for the G slots and Tucker at C. That would give us a great starting unit with adequate backups.

Did you happen to see what McNally did to both Mike Williams and Trey Teague last year? They were the most improved players on the team. Big Mike looked like he's going to be a damn good tackle within the next year or so. Teague actually looked pretty good too.

i would be very surprised if we went into the season with what we have on the team rt now. We will continue to add to the O-line, through FA and the draft. June 1 cuts may lead to some very good o lineman in FA too.

I trust mularkey - he knows we will be running the ball alot and that JP needs protection to learn the game.