Why Tre'Davious White is so critical of himself

JoshBarnett

4 minutes ago, transient said:

As to the "just read it, you'll enjoy it" bit, a coworker of mine once brought in anise Christmas cookies, which I politely declined because I don't like the flavor. He was very insistent despite my protestations, so I ate one. Despite telling him ahead of time that I already knew I wouldn't like the cookies, he was still offended when he asked if I liked them and I told him "No."  But you're probably right, regardless of the countless times I've read Sullivan's columns and not liked them in the past, irrespective of content or tone, this time would probably be different...

I would bet anything in the world that there have been things you said you didn't want to eat and/or said you didn't like and someone convinced you to try it and you thought it was pretty good if not damn good or even great. :P

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I would bet anything in the world that there have been things you said you didn't want to eat and/or said you didn't like and someone convinced you to try it and you thought it was pretty good if not damn good or even great. :P

Damn, man, the peer pressure... :unsure::lol:

There's not much I refuse out of hand, especially when it comes to food.

The difference is, I have rarely ever changed my taste for something that I'm very familiar with. If that coworker had never told me the cookies were anise, I'd have eaten one without question... I mean, it's a cookie... and I still would have hated it. In fact, that's probably how I figured out I hated the taste of anise, because horrible people everywhere sneak it into holiday pastries without warning. 

Minus the holiday part, I still think the analogy holds. :D

5 minutes ago, transient said:

The difference is, I have rarely ever changed my taste for something that I'm very familiar with. If that coworker had never told me the cookies were anise, I'd have eaten one without question... I mean, it's a cookie... and I still would have hated it. In fact, that's probably how I figured out I hated the taste of anise, because horrible people everywhere sneak it into holiday pastries without warning. 

Christmas cookies with anise flavoring may be the most delicious thing ever...with a hot cup of coffee and kids sleeping, there’s nothing better...........except for a free Jerry Sullivan article. Come on, try it....everyone’s doing it. 

11 minutes ago, transient said:

Or maybe you just misheard and he said, "anus."