The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

7 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Remind me again, who won in 2016?

Oh, and only Rasmussen polls likely voters. The rest do not.

That won't help Trump in 2020. 

And Rasmussen is the least reliable pollster.  No surprise you bring up that one. Trump brings that one up a lot. 

It is always interesting watching primary results come out

The only signs I saw locally were for two for Kathy Hochul, and I swear it was her putting them on her front lawn (more likely someone that looks a lot like her since it was just the other day). Except for Cuomo and all the uncontested Rs running, I couldn't say how any of this is gonna turn out. 

I am shocked how many have voted for Cynthia Nixon. Cuomo really is hated if that many people will vote for that nut. I hope the RNC gives Molinaro some cash so he can put up a decent fight. 

I wonder if Nixon's Working Families line will peel off any votes from Cuomo in the general election?

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

How the !@#$ have you lived this long without accidentally stabbing yourself to death with a spoon or something?

I think he meant the national polls were pretty darn close to the actual outcome (the aggregate of all the polls had Hillary at around plus 3 and she finished at plus 2 nationally).  The state polls were the problem in the Midwest states (PA, MI, WI) and North Carolina where Hillary had a slight lead and she under performed by about 5 points swinging those states to Trump.  She over performed in Colorado and Nevada.

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

logotype.svg?v=83ae77427097e81d0f2d817d8

2016 Election Forecast

Updated : Nov. 8, 2016

Who will win the presidency?

Chance of winning

Hillary Clinton........................................Donald Trump

71.4%....................................28.6%

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Sadly, this was the projection model giving Trump the best chance to win based on the available polls.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

It is always interesting watching primary results come out

The only signs I saw locally were for two for Kathy Hochul, and I swear it was her putting them on her front lawn (more likely someone that looks a lot like her since it was just the other day). Except for Cuomo and all the uncontested Rs running, I couldn't say how any of this is gonna turn out. 

I am shocked how many have voted for Cynthia Nixon. Cuomo really is hated if that many people will vote for that nut. I hope the RNC gives Molinaro some cash so he can put up a decent fight. 

I wonder if Nixon's Working Families line will peel off any votes from Cuomo in the general election?

Turnout for the Dem primaries was huge in NYS compared to 2014 with Obama in power.  Almost triple.  Nixon got about 200,000 more votes than Cuomo did in 2014.  Republican turnout would have to be massive to upset Cuomo in November.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Turnout for the Dem primaries was huge in NYS compared to 2014 with Obama in power.  Almost triple.  Nixon got about 200,000 more votes than Cuomo did in 2014.  Republican turnout would have to be massive to upset Cuomo in November.

Unless (and I doubt it will happen) Nixon stays on the ballot. Hard left Progressives in NYC hate Cuomo that much. They must be thinking about it. 

9 hours ago, /dev/null said:

If the polls were so accurate why didn't Hiliary take a detour from her victory lap for a visit to Wisconsin or Michigan?

Why can't you make a coherent argument? Do you understand what you are trying to say? 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I think he meant the national polls were pretty darn close to the actual outcome (the aggregate of all the polls had Hillary at around plus 3 and she finished at plus 2 nationally).  The state polls were the problem in the Midwest states (PA, MI, WI) and North Carolina where Hillary had a slight lead and she under performed by about 5 points swinging those states to Trump.  She over performed in Colorado and Nevada.

Sadly, this was the projection model giving Trump the best chance to win based on the available polls.

Yes, but I their underlying unstated premise is that polls can't be trusted because they generally show Trump as unpopular. Anything that reports the truth is suspect in Trump supporters eyes. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why can't you make a coherent argument? Do you understand what you are trying to say? 

Yes, but I their underlying unstated premise is that polls can't be trusted because they generally show Trump as unpopular. Anything that reports the truth is suspect in Trump supporters eyes. 

1 minute ago, /dev/null said:

Another example of Hiliary ignoring working class whites

Unlike Trump, who loves them! He loves them the same way he did with his Trump University scam. 

Phil Housley's wife is behind in her Senate race. That would be strange if she won and then started running for President or something. Sabres post game press conferences would never be the same. 

https://kstp.com/politics/kstp-surveyusa-tina-smith-holds-single-digit-lead-in-us-senate-race-11-percent-undecided/5067874/