The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

President Donald Trump’s “America first” trade crackdown increasingly has the look of a first-rate campaign issue for Democrats in their uphill bid to take the Senate this fall.

Democratic senators and candidates in competitive races have pounced on Trump’s plans to slap tariffs on U.S. allies, csaying they are a drag on jobs and the economy in their states, all of which Trump won in 2016. Republicans are struggling to respond, not wanting to cross the president even as they’re ideologically in favor of free trade. And the leaders of some conservative organizations likely to invest heavily in Senate races, including the Koch brothers’ political network, are concerned that an economic backlash could damage GOP candidates in a number of key races.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/14/trump-tariffs-trade-war-644719

On 6/11/2018 at 7:17 PM, B-Man said:

Well, it’s time to look ahead to the 2018 midterms and the 2020 election, and POLITICO reports that this time around, Democrats will be reaching out to Hollywood for help with messaging and getting out the vote.

"It would have worked last time. We just didn't do a good enough job with our message."

This was a great piece put out by Townhall last year.

Progressive New York Democrat wears $9,000 Rolex in new ad.

.The top Democrat running in New York’s 19th Congressional District took out a full page ad in the Albany Times Union slamming the “billionaires” and the “corporations” who “have rigged the system against us.”

It is a pretty typical political ad. He looks stern with his arms crossed and his sleeves rolled up on his blue dress shirt — literally a blue collar!

Edited by B-Man

Yet another issue playing out on the campaign trail: 

O’Rourke’s statement continues:

While Texas already leads the country in the rate of uninsured individuals, it’s also a state where half of nonelderly adults have preexisting conditions. More than 11.5 million Texans under the age of 65 live with at least one. Only one state in the nation has a greater amount. This includes those living with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, asthma, heart disease and cancer. The number of Texans who received healthcare thanks to protections for those with preexisting conditions include more than 780,000 in Harris County, 454,000 in Dallas County, 386,000 in Parker and Tarrant Counties and 321,000 in Bexar County.

The 2020 Democratic National Convention will take place July 13 to July 16, just ahead of the Summer Olympics, per DNC.

Site options include: Atlanta; Denver, Houston, New York, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Miami Beach, and Birmingham.

Please.........dear God above?.........................................................................................San Francisco.

54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Please.........dear God above?.........................................................................................San Francisco..

There is no way on this earth that the Dem's want cameras paying extra attention to San Francisco.

Not to mention, last I checked the DNC was broke. They likely are unable to afford what it takes from strict union rules to make the convention work there.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

The 2020 Democratic National Convention will take place July 13 to July 16, just ahead of the Summer Olympics, per DNC.

Site options include: Atlanta; Denver, Houston, New York, San Francisco, Milwaukee, Miami Beach, and Birmingham.

Please.........dear God above?.........................................................................................San Francisco.

If they're smart, they'll pick Milwaukie or Birmingham.

So it'll probably be SF.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Not the Onion

Democrat ad in Minnesota .

VOTE FOR THE SCOWL !

?

What the actual !@#$?

Not even the fine folks at the Onion could have come up with this dumpster fire of an ad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 6/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, Tiberius said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-might-be-more-popular-if-he-werent-so-trumpy/

If Trump was not so lucky to have inherited such a great economy he would be much lower in approval. As it is, even with the great economy--not because of him--he is still pretty low. 

Facts don't like you, do they?

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Golden Goat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Then there is the Kentucky 6th District, where former fighter pilot Amy McGrath, a breakout star for the Democrats, won her primary. Her opponent, Rep. Andy Barr (R-Ky.), hasn’t faced an opponent who’s even remotely as good as McGrath. That seat moves from Lean Republican to Toss Up in the Cook ratings.

And finally there is Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Tex.) in the 32nd District, who Wasserman says is “the most vulnerable incumbent in the Lone Star State. The powerful House Rules Committee chair’s rapidly moderating Dallas district voted for Hillary Clinton 48 percent to 47 percent in 2016. And despite serving as NRCC chair in 2010 and 2012, Sessions hasn’t had to run a competitive race since 2004.” What’s more, he is up against a much younger challenger, an African American and former Baylor and NFL football star Colin Allred (“Democrats view Allred’s profile as symbolic of this highly professional, suburban district that is almost 50 percent non-white.”) That race is now rated Toss Up.

A couple of Republican districts Democrats have shots at. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/06/19/the-political-terrain-turns-toxic-for-vulnerable-republicans/?utm_term=.617ae0c36420

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Why did it get cut off at 2015, goat? How about all those other years Obama was president? 

Image result for chart of nasdaq under Obama

I'll start by saying that you are every bit the idiot most on here claim you are. I think you know that, though, given how regularly these folks scrape remnants of you off their boots.

I compared Obama's last two years to Trump's (almost) first two years. To anyone with a brain, that graph refutes your original "argument" that today's booming economy is "not because of" Trump. The DOW had ZERO net gain Obama's last two years, then soared the day Trump was elected. Ask your teacher what that means, maybe?

As I wrote in another thread,  you've got absolutely nothing. I mean that every way you could possibly take it, and I look forward to many, many more years of wiping the floor with you. ?

Edited by Golden Goat

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I'll start by saying that you are every bit the idiot most on here claim you are. I think you know that, though, given how regularly these folks scrape remnants of you off their boots.

I compared Obama's last two years to Trump's (almost) first two years. To anyone with a brain, that graph refutes your original "argument" that today's booming economy is "not because of" Trump. The DOW had ZERO net gain Obama's last two years, then soared the day Trump was elected. Ask your teacher what that means, maybe?

As I wrote in another thread,  you've got absolutely nothing. I mean that every way you could possibly take it, and I look forward to many, many more years of wiping the floor with you. ?

I think it's unanimous, but

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=who+are+those+guys+butch+cassidy&&view=detail&mid=DA27249DCA1658CEF416DA27249DCA1658CEF416&rvsmid=8E9396BCD06A834834FF8E9396BCD06A834834FF&FORM=VDQVAP

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1