Who's Voting Today..and For What?

plenzmd1

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

Statewide, there is a proposal to have a Constitutional Convention

Con Con  another name for it

It could be very expensive

VOTE NO

The CSEA has heavily advertised against it.  That fact alone had me vote YES as you can be sure the CSEA's sole interest is to take money out of my pocket and put it in their union

Edited by MarkyMannn

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

We're voting.  Hope that someday we'll be able to vote FOR someone rather than AGAINST someone.

Went about 11, absolutely no one in line here in the West End Marv . Seems like the ballot/voting mechanism was different to me. Paper ballot filled out circles, then sent through a reader. I missed the primaries this year but could have sworn it was an electronic ballot last year, but wife disagrees with me. Figure this way may harder to hack?

I voted in a straight line across today, every vote was whoever was on the Independence line. The line unfortunately contained all dems and reps and not any 3rd party candidates.

Outside of voting no on the constitutional convention thing, voting in my district was mostly a waste of time. One judge running unopposed, two judges running for town judge (vote 4 two) and town board where it was I believe vote for 2 of 3.

I've got my sticker though :D

Mayors race is syracuse was too close to call in the last poll I saw. Hispanic woman running as a democrat against a republican man but who is running as an independent. I’m voting for the man, because the demo candidate had her campaign manager and supports go and disrupt other candidates rally’s, and she has her workers spamming my cell phone with texts to vote for her. 

As for Con Con, I voted yes to that and the other props on the ballot. 

4 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

I'm genuinely curious as to what you think that might be.  As I said above, it's insanely easy to change the NYS Constitution as is. 

If passed, we vote on delegates who will take part in the convention.  It's an organized convention with a clear focus on looking at the constitution and deciding what changes might want to be discussed.  Any proposed changes would be voted on.  The only sure con is the expense; but I think it's a good investment.  Any other cons (people losing pensions) are not cons to voting for the Convention.  They are possible outcomes, which some people would be for and some would be against ... decided by a democratic vote. 

I don't want to see anyone lose a well-deserved pension.  I'm voting yes because I think the Constitution needs a deep dive and I'd like to see what can possibly be changed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If passed, we vote on delegates who will take part in the convention.  It's an organized convention with a clear focus on looking at the constitution and deciding what changes might want to be discussed.  Any proposed changes would be voted on.  The only sure con is the expense; but I think it's a good investment.  Any other cons (people losing pensions) are not cons to voting for the Convention.  They are possible outcomes, which some people would be for and some would be against ... decided by a democratic vote. 

I don't want to see anyone lose a well-deserved pension.  I'm voting yes because I think the Constitution needs a deep dive and I'd like to see what can possibly be changed.

Call me cynical, but I fail to see how more bought and paid for elections (delegates) will cause more change than other bought and paid for elections (legislators).

36 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Call me cynical, but I fail to see how more bought and paid for elections (delegates) will cause more change than other bought and paid for elections (legislators).

Hi, Cynical.  I'm Gugny.

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh, that’s already been done. For better or for worse. Charles Manson may have been a better opponent. 

I'd vote for Mason over her.   More personal character and has had fewer people murdered.

Edited by KD in CA

15 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Well the Constitutional Convention got voted down like 4-1.  Not a surprise considering how the polls were trending.

Since so many people use social media as their news source, it didn't shock me, either.  I read very few shared articles or comments that were pro-Constitutional Convention.  I only saw "Vote No" signs on lawns; not one "Vote Yes."

I wasn't passionate about it, either way.  But it is sad how many people seemingly refuse to educate themselves and formulate independent thoughts.  It's borderline depressing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

Since so many people use social media as their news source, it didn't shock me, either.  I read very few shared articles or comments that were pro-Constitutional Convention.  I only saw "Vote No" signs on lawns; not one "Vote Yes."

I wasn't passionate about it, either way.  But it is sad how many people seemingly refuse to educate themselves and formulate independent thoughts.  It's borderline depressing.

It's all about the Benjamins, baaabyyyy.

The opposition coalition spent like 5 times as much as the pro-concon folks.  I read a couple of articles (one was on Business Insider, I don't remember the other one) that were pro-Concon editorials.  But again I don't vote.