Bills Mediocrity!!

HOF

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why support keeping Bledsoe?  Because we're banking our entire season on an unproven rookie (who will be a 2nd year player now) who rushes almost as frequently as he passes and who wasn't even able to stay healthy in training camp (because of the rushing issue).  We also went 9-3 with WM as the starting runningback, giving reason to believe that 11-5 or 12-4 wouldn't have been out of the question had WM started all season.

Nobody's saying he's the best QB since sliced bread, but he's a known quantity in what is probably the last year of our great defense.  Putting Losman in now is an extremely high risk that may have a good reward, but history shows that QBs falter their first few games and/or season.  All of that assumes that JPL doesn't get hurt in camp/preseason as well... 

CW

264575[/snapback]

stop stop stop,the entire team started playing better.it wasnt wm. wm averaged 3.8 ypc for a large part of the season he played until that pitt game(against 3rd stringers) when he finally rounded out his ypa to 4.0 for the season. the entire team got better.

Statistically, every team that has let Drew Bledsoe go proceeded to win 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls.  I have data on my side & all you've got is your Drew loving gut  :o

264534[/snapback]

Just for the fun of nitpicking let me point out the Bills are the first team to "Let Drew go." The Patriots traded him away. So your data is baseless. Like I said just picking nits.

To true about the data thing.  I just don't understand why ANYONE in their right mind could still support Drew.  I know he's a great guy, but seriously are these people watching the same games as us? He simply looked putrid against the Steelers and average at best through out the whole season to me.  Wake up drew lovers!

264556[/snapback]

Right, what does Bill Parcells know? I guess he isn't watching the same game as you. I guess that is why he has those rings and all that money, because he isn't in his right mind. Instead, trust the judgment of the brilliant crew that hired Gregg Williams and has thus far authored 4 seasons of not making the playoffs. The same crew that traded a number one pick to get Drew must be smarter than the team that got him for nothing.

I certainly am willing to see this as a case where reasonable minds may differ. However, to declare everyone who might disagree with you as crazy, ie, no one "in their right mind", is ridiculous.

Right, what does Bill Parcells know?  I guess he isn't watching the same game as you.  I guess that is why he has those rings and all that money, because he isn't in his right mind.  Instead, trust the judgment of the brilliant crew that hired Gregg Williams and has thus far authored 4 seasons of not making the playoffs.  The same crew that traded a number one pick to get Drew must be smarter than the team that got him for nothing.     

I certainly am willing to see this as a case where reasonable minds may differ.  However, to declare everyone who might disagree with you as crazy, ie, no one "in their right mind", is ridiculous.

265122[/snapback]

Testaverde, Glenn, Curtis Martin, Bledsoe.... I wouldn't hazard a guess about whether BP is in his right mind, but as he's moved toward the twilight, he sure is bent on trying to re-create the past. Doing that almost never works.

Right, what does Bill Parcells know?  I guess he isn't watching the same game as you.  I guess that is why he has those rings and all that money, because he isn't in his right mind.  Instead, trust the judgment of the brilliant crew that hired Gregg Williams and has thus far authored 4 seasons of not making the playoffs.  The same crew that traded a number one pick to get Drew must be smarter than the team that got him for nothing.     

I certainly am willing to see this as a case where reasonable minds may differ.  However, to declare everyone who might disagree with you as crazy, ie, no one "in their right mind", is ridiculous.

265122[/snapback]

Not really ridiculous at all. All I was trying to say by my post is that if you have average play from a qb who is 30+ years old than why settle? Why not play the kid and let him be mediore (at first) just like Drew was. The way I see it is experience pays in the NFL, more now than ever. Drew obviously doesn't need the ex. and is quite frankly at a steep decline in his career. And thank god the Bills management finally woke up. With that being said JP will only continue to improve and grow, while Drew will continue towards his downward sprial. Sorry if I offended you or anyone else by my previous post, I'm just sick of settling on lack luster play at the qb position.