Bills Mediocrity!!

HOF

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My head hurts!

Hey guys I think we are going to go 16-0 and then lose in our first playoff game next year and then in 2006 my gut tells me that we are going to go 13 -1 (only 14 games in 2006, at least that what my gut tells me.)

pppppppppppffffffffffffttttttttttt!

OK! I'm biased ( Drew "lover" ). But, being stoic, why should the Bills be good this season?

264355[/snapback]

Statistically, every team that has let Drew Bledsoe go proceeded to win 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls. I have data on my side & all you've got is your Drew loving gut ;)

Statistically, every team that has let Drew Bledsoe go proceeded to win 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls.  I have data on my side & all you've got is your Drew loving gut  ;)

264534[/snapback]

To true about the data thing. I just don't understand why ANYONE in their right mind could still support Drew. I know he's a great guy, but seriously are these people watching the same games as us? He simply looked putrid against the Steelers and average at best through out the whole season to me. Wake up drew lovers!

Then Dallas is your team. Do you need the Cowboys link ? DB was dumped for a good reason. He stunk in big games and couldn't beat the Steerlers 2nd/3rd stringers. Unforgivable.

Go Bills !

264370[/snapback]

Oh look, more "he sucks in big games," with no definition of what this "big game" actually means.

Was it the season opener against the Patriots last year that we won 31-0?

Was it the west coast road games we needed to win this year to keep our playoff hopes alive?

Maybe it was the games this year against the hated Dolphins (you know, the team that beat the Patriots).

I'm assuming someone will come back and say "The Steelers! That's the only big game we played this year!"

By definition, it seems that our only "big games" are the games that we lose. ;)

CW

I have a "gut feeling" that the Bills wil be .500 team for the next few years! For what it's worth!

264349[/snapback]

I have a "gut feeling" that you ride a bus that is somewhat less than standard length.

I just don't understand why ANYONE in their right mind could still support Drew.  I know he's a great guy, but seriously are these people watching the same games as us? He simply looked putrid against the Steelers and average at best through out the whole season to me.  Wake up drew lovers!

Why support keeping Bledsoe? Because we're banking our entire season on an unproven rookie (who will be a 2nd year player now) who rushes almost as frequently as he passes and who wasn't even able to stay healthy in training camp (because of the rushing issue). We also went 9-3 with WM as the starting runningback, giving reason to believe that 11-5 or 12-4 wouldn't have been out of the question had WM started all season.

Nobody's saying he's the best QB since sliced bread, but he's a known quantity in what is probably the last year of our great defense. Putting Losman in now is an extremely high risk that may have a good reward, but history shows that QBs falter their first few games and/or season. All of that assumes that JPL doesn't get hurt in camp/preseason as well...

CW

Cheap cheapie cheapskate Ralph Wilson

I predict Wilson will make 1 MOVE that will bring a NAME player to Buffalo. The networks need that name to replace Drew Bledsoe's name in the promos.

It will be enough to make the die-hard Bills fans think there will be hope for the season and therefore buy the season tickets required to make the Bills a financial success for the season.

They won't be a a success in the W/L column but they will draw fans to the games.

Same movie. Different actors. Same crappy ending.

It's going to take GOD himself to save the Bills, Penn State and the Seminoles. The fossils are running all of those teams 6 feet under.

Other than that .... GO BILLS !!

Cheap cheapie cheapskate Ralph Wilson

I predict Wilson will make 1 MOVE that will bring a NAME player to Buffalo.  The networks need that name to replace Drew Bledsoe's name in the promos.

It will be enough to make the die-hard Bills fans think there will be hope for the season and therefore buy the season tickets required to make the Bills a financial success for the season.

They won't be a a success in the W/L column but they will draw fans to the games.

Same movie.  Different actors. Same crappy ending.

It's going to take GOD himself to save the Bills, Penn State and the Seminoles.  The fossils are running all of those teams 6 feet under.

Other than that .... GO BILLS !!

264580[/snapback]

Blasphemer...Ralph is God, Penn State and Joe Pa are gay, and Bobby B is the MAN!

;)

Then Dallas is your team. Do you need the Cowboys link ? DB was dumped for a good reason. He stunk in big games and couldn't beat the Steerlers 2nd/3rd stringers. Unforgivable.

Go Bills !

264370[/snapback]

As an aside, I found our "great" defense's inability to stop their 2nd and 3rd string offense a helluva lot more disheartening than our offense's pitiful performance.

The whole team laid an egg in that game. ;)

Oh look, more "he sucks in big games," with no definition of what this "big game" actually means.

Was it the season opener against the Patriots last year that we won 31-0?

Was it the west coast road games we needed to win this year to keep our playoff hopes alive?

Maybe it was the games this year against the hated Dolphins (you know, the team that beat the Patriots).

I'm assuming someone will come back and say "The Steelers!  That's the only big game we played this year!"

By definition, it seems that our only "big games" are the games that we lose. ;)

CW

264572[/snapback]

the steelers game was our biggest

The Super Bowl for NE w/ DB at the healm was their biggest.

so long Bledsoe. any supporter should start wearing stars. Losers.

the steelers game was our biggest

The Super Bowl for NE w/ DB at the healm was their biggest.

so long Bledsoe. any supporter should start wearing stars. Losers.

264603[/snapback]

Thanks for illustrating my point. If we had beaten the Steelers and made the playoffs, then lost in the first round, then the bashers would still say, "See, he can't win the big games." If we had somehow made it all the way to the Superbowl and lost, the bashers would still be able to say, "See, he can't win the big games." It proves that "Big Games = Games lost."

Why'd we stick with Jim Kelly? Should've dumped him, as he couldn't win the big games either.

And was the "loser" comment really necessary...? ;)

CW

As an aside, I found our "great" defense's inability to stop their 2nd and 3rd string offense a helluva lot more disheartening than our offense's pitiful performance.

264594[/snapback]

YES>...and that is why the loss of williams will cause more problems than the loss of jennings (my opinion). the word is out, you will be able to RUN UP THE MIDDLE all day long on these guys.

YES>...and that is why the loss of williams will cause more problems than the loss of jennings (my opinion).  the word is out, you will be able to RUN UP THE MIDDLE all day long on these guys.

We'll see. As I said before, Williams' contract wasn't unmatchable by the Bills, and if they felt they needed him, they would have kept him for probably a little less than the Vikes gave him (i.e. that "hometown discount" he was talking about). I have faith that Krummy knows his charges well enough, but I guess we'll see firsthand.