Alright, what is our cap position!!

Mr. T

I'd like to know what the Bills cap status is once and for all.

Just before the free agent market opened, I heard anywhere between 8 million to 11 million under. Lately folks have been implying the Bills have very little to spend.

Where exactly do we stand? We signed two relatively cheap FA in Gandy and Holcomb. What do we have left?

No idea.  Clayton yesterday said the Bills are only $652K under the cap.  However that was BEFORE the signings of Gandy and Holcomb, who combined are WAY more than $652K.  So Clayton's numbers must be wrong.  Only TD really knows.

264240[/snapback]

I can't believe with all the guys who regularily post here that "claim" they know someone inside the Bills organization that no one knows what our cap status is. If that is the case than why in the world are we even talking free agency if we don't know what we have to spend.

I can't believe with all the guys who regularily post here that "claim" they know someone inside the Bills organization that no one knows what our cap status is.  If that is the case than why in the world are we even talking free agency if we don't know what we have to spend.

Amazing....... ;)

Thank God this is a 'kinder, gentler board'.

I can't believe with all the guys who regularily post here that "claim" they know someone inside the Bills organization that no one knows what our cap status is.  If that is the case than why in the world are we even talking free agency if we don't know what we have to spend.

No one here has inside info or has seen all the players' contracts, so any numbers are speculation culled from various sources. Again I think the number is somewhere between Clayton's and clumping platelets' numbers.

No one here has inside info or has seen all the players' contracts, so any numbers are speculation culled from various sources.  Again I think the number is somewhere between Clayton's and clumping platelets' numbers.

264525[/snapback]

Nicely put.............

If that is the case than why in the world are we even talking free agency if we don't know what we have to spend.

264520[/snapback]

Ah pity the fool who can't ask that question in a gentler, kinder way.

It's not just about how much you have to spend. It's also about how you spend it. Two different things, tied at the hip. You'd be hard pressed to fine a poster at an internet message board who had the answer to this question. But you'll always find people who will try to find the answer. That's good enough for me.