I hear some free agents say they want

RVJ

Minnesota is being VERY smart with their cap. Instead of giving players signing bonuses, they are giving them roster bonuses, mostly due in the first year. This causes the cap hit to be made in the year the FA is signed and not have the bonus spread out throughout the contract. It creates a very large cap hit the year of the signing, but for the remainder of the contract it is much lower, plus if they cut the player at some point in the future, the dead cap space is minimized.

Very smart

Minnesota is being VERY smart with their cap.  Instead of giving players signing bonuses, they are giving them roster bonuses, mostly due in the first year.  This causes the cap hit to be made in the year the FA is signed and not have the bonus spread out throughout the contract.  It creates a very large cap hit the year of the signing, but for the remainder of the contract it is much lower, plus if they cut the player at some point in the future, the dead cap space is minimized.

Very smart

264235[/snapback]

True, very smart when you have about four very good players total and 31 million under the cap because of it.

If even that now.  The loss of Moss will hurt, badly.

264238[/snapback]

I disagree. It was time for that organization to move in a different direction. They'll draft a wide reciver with the 7th pick. Hopefully for there sake, it will be Braylon Edwards.

True, very smart when you have about four very good players total and 31 million under the cap because of it.

264237[/snapback]

Culpepper, Nate Burleson, Pat Williams, Kevin Williams, Nap Harris, E Henderson,

A Winfield, Chavous, Matt Birk and a good O-line and a good stable of RB's....I think they have more talent than you think. Now Tice as HC..........that may be the equalizer. :angry: