11-3: McDermott Presser at 1 PM ET

@SalSports

Bills HC Sean McDermott will address the media for his usual Monday press conference. Only it's Friday. 1 PM.

Taiwan Jones out for the season with a broken arm.

Charles Clay and EJ Gaines trending towards being ready for New Orleans.

Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media Friday topics include; running the football, correcting mistakes, and an injury update.

QUICK HITS: TAIWAN JONES OUT FOR THE YEAR

jones-11-3-story.jpg
Buffalo lost Taiwan Jones to a season-ending injury, Charles Clay and E.J. Gaines close to a return and Kelvin Benjamin putting time in this weekend.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: Zay Jones still being evaluated. Walking around today. Taiwan Jones is out for yr. Broke his right arm. #Bills

@SalSports

McDermott said McCoy's touches weren't related to his workload the previous Sunday, but rather how the game was playing out.

@WGR550

McDermott - I know what the Saints, Sean Payton and Drew Brees can bring to the table. They're a very good football team #Bills

@JaySkurski

McDermott: "A consistent approach is the best approach. ... We have to make the proper adjustments from this game." #Bills

@viccarucci

McDermott on #Bills’ terrible showing vs. #JetsNFL_2017_NYJets_v2.png: “This was somewhat uncharacteristic of our football team at this time.”
@MatthewFairburn
Sean McDermott on Jerry Hughes' penalty: "Those penalties are not characteristic of how we do things here."

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott says any discipline imposed on Jerry Hughes will be between him and Hughes

@WGR550

McDermott - I think Tyrod continues to develop as a QB. He threw the ball fairly accurate throughout the night with guys in his face. #Bills

McDermott - this is a building process, and sometimes you experience pain. Last night was painful. Have to continue to learn and grow #Bills

McDermott - we have to get back to the fundamentals with tackling. We have to tackle well #Bills

@viccarucci

McDermott “just focused on our football team” in response to Richie Incognito’s complaint about Thursday night football. #Bills

McDermott: “We’ve done some good things. We are still building. Not where we want to be.” #Bills

@JaySkurski

McDermott: "I'm not backing down at all. I'm confident in this group of men. ... They know what's in front of them." #Bills

@buffalobills

McDermott: "I started watching film on the plane ride home. We'll go back to work as a team. Sometimes you experience adversity to grow."
DNuVZb0VAAANMBM.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: on plan for Benjamin, he'll stick around this weekend. He wants to be up to speed ASAP. Should be in lineup vs. Saints. #Bills

McD is a lot like Andy Reid, in a good way. He sticks to coach speak and cliches. His simple messaging IS making a difference. He's right that this team will have clunkers (look at the scrap heap of talent they have!). And I'm sure what troubled him the most last night was less where the talent failed and more the massive mental errors: all the penalties, fundamental tackling breakdown for reasons unknown given how well they've done it to date, and 2 of the 3 turnovers (can't really fault TT on his fumble as much as the other two).

Edited by BeginnersMind

No argument here.

It as embarrassing how easily the lines where manhandled. Kyle was the only one doing anything, but he was getting doubled or ran away from and he can't do it alone.

The kids need to get back in the weight room.

Not enough sand.

Glad he said they need to get back to fundamentals because they were sorely lacking yesterday. Forgot the process.

I think we all were uncharacteristic last night especially myself. I went on a cursing rampage in the game thread which normally I just keep my cool but I couldn't hold it in.

It was SO obvious what our players were doing. They were trying to punch the ball out instead of just tackling the ball carrier. All of the turnovers we had in the past never looked THIS forced.

In previous games, our players would be in position to either defend or tackle and then add in a punch WHILE tackling and sometimes the ball would pop out. This game was not the case. They went punch amd punch only. It's almost as if all they saw was the ball and not the body carrying it.

We got beat in every single phase of the game. The nerves were there pregame (for me at least). Normally I'm calm. But this game the nerves were on 100 for some reason. Maybe cuz I know how important a win would of been.

Now, the day after, it still hurts, but somewhere DEEP in my soul, I can acknowledge that we're 5-3 which is a great record to have after 8 games, but I think the WAY we lost and the WAY we played leaves me with more questions than answers which is the only reason why 5-3 doesn't look as good as it should.

A harder fought game, a close game til the end, a will to fight and a simple adjustment in playcalling (on offense) would have made the loss bearable.

But unfortunately it didn't play out that way and now we go against a future HOFer next Sunday. Only good thing is, we will be at home. A win next week is the only thing that will answer the questions.

This loss from last night will hurt a while for sure.

I think we all were uncharacteristic last night especially myself. I went on a cursing rampage in the game thread which normally I just keep my cool but I couldn't hold it in.

It was SO obvious what our players were doing. They were trying to punch the ball out instead of just tackling the ball carrier. All of the turnovers we had in the past never looked THIS forced.

In previous games, our players would be in position to either defend or tackle and then add in a punch WHILE tackling and sometimes the ball would pop out. This game was not the case. They went punch amd punch only. It's almost as if all they saw was the ball and not the body carrying it.

We got beat in every single phase of the game. The nerves were there pregame (for me at least). Normally I'm calm. But this game the nerves were on 100 for some reason. Maybe cuz I know how important a win would of been.

Now, the day after, it still hurts, but somewhere DEEP in my soul, I can acknowledge that we're 5-3 which is a great record to have after 8 games, but I think the WAY we lost and the WAY we played leaves me with more questions than answers which is the only reason why 5-3 doesn't look as good as it should.

A harder fought game, a close game til the end, a will to fight and a simple adjustment in playcalling (on offense) would have made the loss bearable.

But unfortunately it didn't play out that way and now we go against a future HOFer next Sunday. Only good thing is, we will be at home. A win next week is the only thing that will answer the questions.

This loss from last night will hurt a while for sure.

It hurt for sure as our expectations are high and we flopped last night. McDermott knows this as well and said as much and I believe he will get this corrected.

But at the end of the day we need more talent, principal needs to be the majority of the team but we need a grandslam in the draft or we are in for a rough ride.