Brandon Beane Presser to Address the Benjamin Trade

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes not my favorite but hes a good option. Id rather pay sammy but at least we aggressively addressed the hole.

So it ends up being:

Sammy, cardale and a 3

For Benjamin, Gaines and a 2

I think the add ons make up for the drop from Sammy to KB

You have to include cost for not carrying a very expensive WR for half a year. Enough for a lot of wine and cheese.

Kelvin Benjamin signed a 4 year, $7,664,250 contract [in 2014] with the Carolina Panthers, including a $3,894,000 signing bonus, $6,199,225 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,916,063. In 2017, Benjamin will earn a base salary of $529,412, while carrying a cap hit of $529,411.

The Panthers picked up the 5th year option on receiver Kelvin Benjamin. The option year is worth $8.459 million and is guaranteed for injury. If Benjamin is on the roster on the 1st day of the 2018 league year his salary will become fully guaranteed.
The Bills traded for Benjamin on October 31, 2017. The Bills pick up the remainder of his 2017 salary and his 2018 salary. His 2018 salary remains guaranteed for injury only until the first day of the 2018 league year at which point it will become fully guaranteed.

A friend of mine says Schopp was kind of a dick on the WGR interview, can anyone confirm?

The guy is a dick pretty much all the time why would today be different? I missed the call with Beane but I can confirm Schopp was a dick with many callers today. So he is just the usual dick.

Oh, and not be a dick myself but there is a link in the first post to that call as well as Beane's press conference.

Edited by beerme1

Hes not my favorite but hes a good option. Id rather pay sammy but at least we aggressively addressed the hole.

So it ends up being:

Sammy, cardale and a 3

That is a slam-dunk in favor of the Bills. That #2 pick may be a later pick with the way the Rams are playing, but the drop off between Sammy and Benjamin are not that big. We still have significant holes at LB, DT and need depth at several positions including CB, S, RB

@WGR550

Beane- If you're gonna talk about a guy you can't just call up a team and offer them something embarrassing. You get a bad rap that way.

Beane- You have to come up with a value that makes sense for you and makes sense for them. We look at this as a win for both teams.

In other words...he owned the **** out of the Panthers.

A friend of mine says Schopp was kind of a dick on the WGR interview, can anyone confirm?

Didn't hear the Beane interview, but yes he and bull were dicks about the whole thing. Talked crap about Bills fans in general, shredded some folks for seemingly innocent optimism, and engaged in wholesale douchebaggery.

It was the first time I ever listened to them, but I have the app from listening to Sabres unaired preseason games and wanted to hear about the Benjamin trade at work... it will also be the last time I listen to them. Pathetic way to run a show, especially in a situation like this.

So it ends up being:

Sammy, cardale and a 3

The drop equates to about 2 yds per game of production

@WGR550

Beane - Benjamin is a WR with experience, he's a #1, as big of a WR as you'll find in the NFL #Bills

Beane - you always have to look at making moves to help you win now. This was an opportunity to help us, and we jumped on it #Bills

Beane - do not know when Benjamin will be on the field. With the short week, we'll see. I'd expect to at least see him vs. NO Saints #Bills

Beane - Sean and I both know who Kelvin is. Familiar with him in college through the scouting process. (1/2) #Bills

Beane - Don't know if we'd have done this deal if we didn't know who we were getting in return. (2/2) #Bills

Beane - Not worried about Benjamin's weight. He's been playing at a good weight all season. #Bills

Beane - His knee is fine as we know of. Shoudn't be any issues going forward. He'll have a physical this morning. #Bills

Beane - this move was not just made for 2017. We probably wouldn't have made the move if he wasn't under contract for next year #Bills

Beane - you can't get a guy like Benjamin in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft. Giving up what we did made sense #Bills

Beane - Zay Jones is a good, young WR. He cares so much, no player wants to work as hard as he does. He will be fine #Bills

Beane - this is such a close league, we're thrilled to be 5-2. We're still not where we want to get, but we're getting there #Bills

@SalSports

Despite the Benjamin trade, I still wouldn’t discount Bills bringing Rod Streater back at some point after Thursday’s game. Still a need for some more speed at position.
@mikerodak
Brandon Beane on Anquan Boldin: “We made a commitment to him and he made a commitment to us.” Doesn’t want him to sign with NE or MIA.

@JohnMurphyShow

Coming up next: #Bills GM Brandon Beane joins us to discuss the trade for wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin! Tune in now @MSGNetworks @WGR550!

Beane: The Panthers GM Marty Hurney called Beane at 3:23 PM to make the deal for Benjamin. Deal completed with 3 minutes to spare just before the 4 PM deadline.

Beane says it's 50/50 for Benjamin to play tomorrow night.

Seriously, how do these guys have jobs? Do they know where the bodies are? Is it really that hard to get better people? Seems like a no brainer