TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

Is anyone else listening to these boobs on WGR? What made the Panthers do this? They must not think. Dry much of him.

Nope. Obviously picking up Benjamin’s option year shows the Panthers disn’t Think much of him.

Cripes these guys are bad.

It’s a 3rd and 7th round pick. I take that “gamble” any day.

yeah I am right now. The main dude' saying he'd rather TY. (what's his name?) . I agree, I'd love T.Y. But Benjamin is fine too. Tyrod needs big tall possession receivers (I think). This dude is like Clay. Big tall guy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah I am right now. The main dude' saying he'd rather TY. (what's his name?) . I agree, I'd love T.Y. But Benjamin is fine too. Tyrod needs big tall possession receivers (I think). This dude is like Clay. Big tall guy.

Cap hits of 11m and 13.5m Sammy money for a midget

just got home from work and don't have time to read all 23 pages...

can somone tell me why the Panthers traded Benjamin? does he suck or something else I am not aware of? he is a big dude ain't he? like 6'5"?

Ok here's the deal. His production is less than his rookie year. He is on his 5th year next year, cap at ~8.5M or so. Carolina has ZERO cap room. They drafted a guy this year who's just like Kelvin Benjamin BUT is actually better, and cheaper.

KB also has issues - speed, undisciplined route runner. Doesn't work on his craft in off-season.

but he's a big guy, 6'5" sure handed receiver. Basically a tight end in WR position. I think Tyrod likes those.

Panthers general manager Marty Hurney told ESPN.com that Buffalo reached out to him. He said the trade made sense because it gives Carolina a chance to be more diversified on offense in terms of getting more speed receivers -- Russell Shepard, Curtis Samuel and Kaelin Clay -- on the field. He said Devin Funchess would step into Benjamin's role as the No. 1 receiver.

Edited by jeremy2020