Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

53 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

How do we only have a 13% chance? If we win and Ravens lose which does seem unlikely, we are in. Almost sounds like a 50/50 thing to me

My estimates based off nothing more than asking - if they played 10 times, how many times would a team win or lose as needed.

Bills are 3 point favorites - chance of winning estimate 60%

Tennessee are 6 point favorites vs Jags - chance of Tenn loss estimate 40%

Chargers are 7.5 point favorites - chance of Chargers loss estimate 30%
Ravens are 10 point favorites - chance of Ravens loss estimate 20%

Chance of Bills win and Ravens loss = .60 x .20 = 12%

Chance of Bills win and Chargers loss and Titans loss = 0.60 x .30 x .40 = 7.2%

That adds up to 19.2%, so my gut says their advanced analytics are reasonable.

Edited by DasNootz

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Again, why didn't Tyrod use that magic against the Panthers, Bengals, Jets, Saints, Patriots 2x? Again it was Peterman's first start and 2 unlucky picks made a rookie in his first game lose confidence. Tyrod stepping up in any of those games (specifically the Bengals/Panthers) would make this entire thing a non issue and he probably wouldn't have gotten benched.

He deserved to be benched, get over it.

Just upset is all.

I was over all that and this recent playoff talk got be back into to it haha.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

THE DEBRIEF, WEEK 16
The number of open playoff spots are slowly dwindling, but the fight to secure them is just heating up. Which squad has the best chance to clinch one of those berths? And who can go the distance once they do?

8) Buffalo Bills (8-7): Of the four wild-card contenders, the Bills are the longest shot to make the playoffs. But just competing for a postseason nod in Week 17 qualifies as progress for an overachieving team with a first-year head coach.

After Buffalo's loss in Foxborough on Sunday, the Bills have two clear paths to the playoffs. Coach Sean McDermott's squad needs to win in Miami this week and hope the Ravens lose or the Bills need to combine a win with losses from the Titans and Chargers. Buffalo does not have the makeup of a team that could be dangerous in the playoffs, but just getting to the tournament would be massive in order to end those endless playoff-drought graphics.

As Bills fans know well, it's a lot less fun to be on the outside looking in at this time of year. After 16 weeks, we are down to 15 NFL teams that remain relevant. Three more get knocked out this Sunday, including two of the AFC wild-card hopefuls above.

10 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah Dareus is really slowing the Jags down this year. What a stinker.

Chargers game: Let's think about what Tyrod would have done (not thrown 5 picks I can tell you that.) He played an amazing pass rush against the Broncos, particular Von Miller. Know what he does? He drops back and has to dodge Von Miller running free every darn play. Know what Peterman does? He throws a pick off his back foot as he gets clobbered.

You're not getting what I'm saying.  Whatever Dareus is doing well in Jax he was not doing here.  He didn't WANT to be here anymore and it showed in his play or lack of.  We can speculate all we want on how Tyrod would've performed against LA but there is no denying how he DID perform the previous two weeks against NY & NO, hence his benching.

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You're not getting what I'm saying.  Whatever Dareus is doing well in Jax he was not doing here.  He didn't WANT to be here anymore and it showed in his play or lack of.  We can speculate all we want on how Tyrod would've performed against LA but there is no denying how he DID perform the previous two weeks against NY & NO, hence his benching.

I call BS on the performace against the NYJ on TNF.  I'll grant you that he was terrible against NO

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Marcell was hurt in the beginning of the season.

its a bunch of bull that he didn't want to play here... he loved buffalo... he bought a home here

he said he pretty much cried when we traded him. He was visibly upset in his jaguar press conference 

whether he gelled with McDermott is one thing, but he loved buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Marcell was hurt in the beginning of the season.

its a bunch of bull that he didn't want to play here... he loved buffalo... he bought a home here

he said he pretty much cried when we traded him. He was visibly upset in his jaguar press conference 

whether he gelled with McDermott is one thing, but he loved buffalo

You're ruining a perfect Bills fan narrative ... "lazy big, fat, black pot head don't wanna play here, dagummit."

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Bills actually have a decent shot at this. Sunday will definitely be very interesting and I can't wait. Really looking forward to it especially on New Year's Eve, should be a fun day, especially if everything falls into place and we sneak into the post season.

• Like (+1) 1

News out of Baltimore is that Harbaugh is "irked" about the Ravens game getting moved to 4:25.  It's more related to the fans who expected a 1pm start may be no shows for a later start due to NYE plans.  But I like it, since it shows a tiny bit of angst within their organization and maybe just maybe it trickles down to the players. 

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

News out of Baltimore is that Harbaugh is "irked" about the Ravens game getting moved to 4:25.  It's more related to the fans who expected a 1pm start may be no shows for a later start due to NYE plans.  But I like it, since it shows a tiny bit of angst within their organization and maybe just maybe it trickles down to the players. 

On 12/26/2017 at 1:24 PM, 26CornerBlitz said: