Offseason potential cuts/trades that don't fit the scheme?

In a really shocking move .... if Tyrod plays reasonably well and they could get a third or better for him I could see them saying we will move on. I think there is an exceptionally low probability this happens as I just don’t think anyone out there will want Taylor. I think Beane would jump if there is someone willing to make the deal.

You greatly underestimate Tyrod's perceived value around the league. He is much better than his detractors suggest. Many experts at TSW have said so many times.

Of course, they also thought EJ needed more time to develop, Whaley was a great GM, Rex would bring the organization some credibility, and that we would never trade Dareus for a lowly 5th round pick.

:rolleyes:

why? Because I don't use the English language very well doesn't mean I have low self of steam

would you take Hughes over Alexander? With $$ as a factor.

I may be more likely to keep Alexander and trade Hughes.

Alexander is well respected and a quality individual whom has engaged the community. So has Hughes, but he is just a different type.

Hughes based on talent alone is the easy choice.

Wouldn't give it a 2nd thought. With all the other likely purges- the cap won't be an issue.

Alexander could work in the community all he wants, we don't need to pay him a couple million in order to do that. His community presence means nothing on the field. He'll be 35 next season, makes no sense to keep him.

Glenn - traded by lunch time on Halloween

Next year - Kyle Williams (retired) McCoy (traded) Incognito (traded) Hughes (traded) Alexander (released) Miller (released) J. Matthews (too expensive) Gaines (too oft injured)

Gonna have a lot of rookies on the squad next season. Growing pains.

Now that we know the front office is willing to move anyone at any time, who's getting the boot in the offseason? Right now I have...

Lorenzo Alexander-Just doesn't fit the scheme well enough. Is more of an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme who excels at rushing the passer, not dropping back into coverage like he's asked to do in McDermott's scheme.

Preston Brown-Much like Zo, not a fast enough linebacker for this scheme. I think McDermott will find his leader of the defense in the draft and replace Brown who is in the last year of his contract anyway.

Adolphus Washington-Another player who has gotten into some trouble in the offseason and under-performed on the field. Was picked for Rex's defense, think he will be shown the door as well.

Jordan Mills-Just needs to be replaces cuz he sucks. Hopefully, Dawkins or Henderson can replace him soon.

Jerry Hughes-Could potentially be the next big name to leave I believe. Large contract, solid player but who knows if his attitude/performance is enough to convince the new staff he can wreak havoc at one of the end spots. How he plays the rest of the season will decide this I believe.

Lesean Mccoy-With all of the draft picks we have and a runningback rich class, Buffalo should take a back somewhat early in this draft. Mccoy has a large contract and is approaching 30. Could they try to get something out of him after the season is over? Could be something to keep an eye on. He was dumped once by Philadelphia, could it happen again to him? With the impact rookie RBs have made, his production could be replaced.

I'm sure there are more players I'm missing but these are some of the players that stick out to me that may be moved during the offseason because they may not quite fit into the schemes/future plans here. Thoughts?

Anyone that has Doug Whaleys name attached.

So add

Woods

Incognito

Glenn

Miller

Shaq

Clay

To that list

Anyone that has Doug Whaleys name attached.

So add

Woods

Incognito

Glenn

Miller

Shaq

Clay

To that list

Woods was just signed to an extension. You're probably right on everyone else. I think next year will be a difficult season. From now til the start of training camp, there will be a huge turnover on this team.

Woods was just signed to an extension. You're probably right on everyone else. I think next year will be a difficult season. From now til the start of training camp, there will be a huge turnover on this team.

Maybe but Eric Contract is an easy one to get out of next year as well with a cap savings so its not like the contract is holding him.

However the extension might remove Whaleys name off him and make him a Beane guy now