Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

While I don't think he meant it to be racist one bit, anyone of you crackers that can't understand why black players would be affected by that is the same thing. ;) They may have over reacted. I think they did. But it was a straw that broke the camel's back kind of thing. How can these guys not get it?

Camel??? Seriously???

So now you wanna talk schit about Middle Eastern people???? We're not ALL TERRORISTS, you know!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't think he meant it to be racist one bit, anyone of you crackers that can't understand why black players would be affected by that is the same thing. ;) They may have over reacted. I think they did. But it was a straw that broke the camel's back kind of thing. How can these guys not get it?

This is all that should matter. They should know it wasn't a racist thing. EOS.

whats troubling is you actually think you know mcnairs mindset. that alone proves you're out of touch with realism.

clearly you're not getting it. read the rest of the thread, etc. i don't give a **** about incarceration rates of races or any of that nonsense. if you must lower the goal post and not simply just shift it you cannot produce a solid argument.

lighten up francis, you'll never come out of life alive. just a word to the wise.

i'm walking away from engaging you, too difficutl

The fact that you don't "give a ****" tells me all I need to know.

You might as well say "Don't tell me anything is wrong with anything, I am happy in my ignorance."

No. My point was that the owners were discussing the actions of black players so the "inmates" in this phrase would be those black players.

For that I was called a moron. That's all.

It was a stupid point and your only support for it was incarceration rates by race which is tenuous.

If it’s not meant to be racist (and I certainly don’t think it was!), but you MAKE IT racist, you are using racism to gain an advantage. That’s as bad as racism.

I was talking about breaking a Camel cigarette. That's an idiom. So it's not racist.

Is it one of those Camels that you can snap the filter and make it a menthol?

Just cause I'm black you think I smoke menthols??

The fact that you don't "give a ****" tells me all I need to know.

You might as well say "Don't tell me anything is wrong with anything, I am happy in my ignorance."

but i'm not happy in my ignorance. i'm sad that so many people are sad. i wish i was woke like fellow harvard alums like you.

This is all that should matter. They should know it wasn't a racist thing. EOS.

That's not true. That's a huge part of the problem. A huge portion of the population is offended by being referred to as inmates or owned whether it was intended or not. He didn't err and call them librarians or social workers. Just because you don't think it matters and another huge portion of the population doesn't think it matters does not negate it.

If it’s not meant to be racist (and I certainly don’t think it was!), but you MAKE IT racist, you are using racism to gain an advantage. That’s as bad as racism.

I don't think so. Just because he didn't intentionally make a racist comment doesn't mean it didn't come from some bad place that needs to be addressed and fixed. He didn't make a mistake by giving them more credit than they deserve but less. This wasn't the first dumb thing he said. It's taken as a Freudian slip more than just a mistake. If someone called me a slave to my boss it means nothing to me. If someone called a black guy the same thing it means something different to him.

I don't think so. Just because he didn't intentionally make a racist comment doesn't mean it didn't come from some bad place that needs to be addressed and fixed. He didn't make a mistake by giving them more credit than they deserve but less. This wasn't the first dumb thing he said. It's taken as a Freudian slip more than just a mistake. If someone called me a slave to my boss it means nothing to me. If someone called a black guy the same thing it means something different to him.

You're making an awful lot of assumptions.

That's not true. That's a huge part of the problem. A huge portion of the population is offended by being referred to as inmates or owned whether it was intended or not. He didn't err and call them librarians or social workers. Just because you don't think it matters and another huge portion of the population doesn't think it matters does not negate it.

How ghetto do you have to be to take offense to another man saying the word "inmate" and assume that he is saying it personally against you because he is racist?

Pretty ghetto if you ask me.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

How ghetto do you have to be to take offense to another man saying the word "inmate" and assume that he is saying it personally against you because he is racist?

Pretty ghetto if you ask me.

The Texans players were offended by their "owner" referring to players as inmates... Yep. That's "ghetto".

What if a black guy said it to a black guy?

We can agree to disagree. Again, I hang with almost exclusively black guys almost every day. I’m the anomaly there. Most people get that employer > employee is not the same as white > black. The NFL is made up of all different kinds of people. If you want to make it a black thing, you have an agenda, or you are overly bought into one.