GQ: Trump Schemed to Keep Bon Jovi from Buying the Bills

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the bar I watch the Bills at very Sunday they put Bon Jovi CDs in the urinals during the games.

As well they should...even if he never tried to move the Bills.

I just wonder if Trump had acquired the Bills, would he have co-owned the team with Russia?

One home game in Moscow every year

Thank You Mr President for trying to stop us from moving to Toronto

:doh:

Well at least the President was doing something! The former Senator from New York state was doing her usual......wait for it....nothing!

As Senator she leaned on the NFL to stay in Buffalo. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Never once did I believe the Bills were ever going to be re-located.

Bon Jovi would definitely have moved them to Toronto, but we all knew someone would outbid him and keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Nobody else who was bidding, including Trump, would have moved the Bills out of Buffalo.

These claims seem strange.

I immediately hated Bon Jovi as did most of us. It was pretty much common knowledge that he was in cahoots with Lieweke and MLSE.... and Kryk was reporting heavily on their relationship and speculating on their grand scheme. Bon Jovi didnt stand a chance of earning our trust. With or without a 'propaganda effort"

Bon Jovi would definitely have moved them to Toronto, but we all knew someone would outbid him and keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Nobody else who was bidding, including Trump, would have moved the Bills out of Buffalo.

Oh Trump would have moved the team for sure once he hit that out clause. I can't think of one reason why he would have kept the team in Buffalo.

Although I would HATE having either arsehat own the team... IF you told me Trump would run the Bills like Steinbrenner ran the Yankees - SIGN ME UP!! George Steinbrenner has won 7 World Series championships with the Yankees. I will take 7 Super Bowl wins!

While Steinbrenner had great success. He was owner at the time when the Yankees had a huge monetary advantage over the rest of MLB with no cap or restrictions. He leveraged the largest TV market into a huge insurmountable advantage. There was some warts. Impatience.... a lot of misses.

In a capped league, patience and discipline are very important. The reason the Yankees are where they are today is they stopped chasing the huge scores every year and emptying their cupboards. They took some steps back and built up. Now that there are 8-12 MLB teams in the same stratosphere, the Yankees cant just try to grab the top UFAs every year and top players via trade. There is more competition. Im not a Yankees guy, but I have to tip my hat to young Steinbrenner and Cashman

I'm happy you never believed it would happen, but you would have been totally wrong. The Bills were a dead franchise walking. Krafty Bob and Jerruh Jones were licking their lips at the prospect of upgrading the Bills market. Having Terry Pegula step in was a World Series game 7 walk-off grand slam. It was the Immaculate Reception. It was Flutie-to-Phelan. In other words, it was a miracle.

I'm happy you never believed it would happen, but you would have been totally wrong. The Bills were a dead franchise walking. Krafty Bob and Jerruh Jones were licking their lips at the prospect of upgrading the Bills market. Having Terry Pegula step in was a World Series game 7 walk-off grand slam. It was the Immaculate Reception. It was Flutie-to-Phelan. In other words, it was a miracle.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Pegulas are miracles for the city for several reasons. But the Bills were not leaving. It was almost an impossibility because of the lease.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Pegulas are miracles for the city for several reasons. But the Bills were not leaving. It was almost an impossibility because of the lease.

It was only "impossible" until 2019. That's when the Bills lease with Erie County has an out clause. Just enough time for the Rogers/Bon Jovi group to build a new Toronto stadium.