Won't be surprised if TD makes a move for Franks

Mr. T

Considering that TD hasn't used much of our available cap space in signing Holcomb and Gandy, and that I do expect the trade for Shelton to still go through, I wouldn't be surprised to see us make an offer for Bubba Franks. He's a restricted FA so we would have to make an offer that Green Bay wouldn't match. We're really thin at TE and with a young QB he'll need a good TE to check off to. I hope Bubba is that one.

I just don't see the Bills laying out the money to get Franks when they have more pressing needs such as LT. I do feel that they need to bring in a vet TE just in case Campbell is not fully recovered from his knee injury by the time the season opens.

I don't think it's just me; I think TD gets the job with Shelton next. He needs to get this one done so he can see what the cap looks like.

Then he looks at CB. Should he make the offer to Clements before his FA Year begins? Won't hurt to try. Don't believe the smoke about Law coming here. Remember that in a year, McGee will be that much better, and the CB he drafts fairly high this year will probably be candidate for the nickel.

Finally, he'll check in with the doctors and assess the prognosis for TE's. Will one be ready for training camp? Should he draft one or make a bid for one now?

exactly... it's really all up to their rehab progress... I think the Bills are very, very comfortable with Campbell and Euhus in the two TE sets as long as they are healthy... they might look for one more masher of a TE to complete the roster

I'm wondering about Anthony Becht of the Jets. I think he's out there. Sign him and go with Euhus and Campbell for now, and cut one next year if it's costing too much.

263831[/snapback]

Give the option, I'd take Franks over Becht any day(obviously), but having watched Becht last year, I have to say he'll need to be a better TE before I clamor for his services at a Bill. Granted, part of the problem may have been Chad's gimpy shoulder, but maybe not.

Considering that TD hasn't used much of our available cap space in signing Holcomb and Gandy, and that I do expect the trade for Shelton to still go through, I wouldn't be surprised to see us make an offer for Bubba Franks.  He's a restricted FA so we would have to make an offer that Green Bay wouldn't match.  We're really thin at TE and with a young QB he'll need a good TE to check off to.  I hope Bubba is that one.

263820[/snapback]

I believe that Franks would be a good option. Especially if the rehab is not going along quickly. Losman is going to need a good tight end to help him get out of a jam now and then.

Strong running game, and a reliable TE and this kid will be alright.

Franks is the best run-blocking TE out there, plus he can catch the ball. With our line a big question mark, and the outside rush that Maiami and the Jets can muster, we could use someone with the blocking ability of Franks.