Where Is Tetanus in the body?

boyst

I've been learning about tetanus as I have a calf with neonatal tetnus and instead of asking the medical folks here I know via PM ... I'm here.

I know many virus and bacteria in the body reside in specific sections of the body and spread while generally being somewhat localized.

But for as popular as tetanus is I can't find much on where it localizes. However, I did read this: Once the toxin becomes fixed to neurons, it cannot be neutralized with antitoxin. Recovery of nerve function from tetanus toxins requires sprouting of new nerve terminals and formation of new synapses.

Anyway. If anyone has information pass it along because I like learning.

Tetanus starts in your jaw, you wont be able to ignore that symptom, then spreads to the rest of your muscle structure .

its not in my jaw

The bacteria which causes tetanus, Clostridium tetani, is found in the GI tract of animals. It isn't normally found in the human body.

it is amazing about neonatal tetanus - it is so easy to get. I'm surprised there are not more contractions in this country the way the whole anti-fascists movement is.