10-24: Bills Workout WR Rod Streater and TE Jason Croom

Buffalo has 5 receivers on the roster. Obviously Jordan Matthews is not going anywhere. I don't think Zay Jones is either. as a second round draft choice he gets a pass on his struggles catching the ball this season. There is enough college tape on the guy to suggest this is probably just a case of rookie jitters and he's going to get over it. After his game this past weekend, Deonte Thomson isn't going to be cut today or tomorrow. That leaves three possibilities. Streater essentially outplayed Andre Holmes in the preseason, and I don't think the Bills are married to the guy. Holmes has a nice catch radius, but Streater is almost as tall, and a good deal faster. Brandon Tate could be cut. He has nice size, but Streater is a bit bigger. Tate is a decent all around player and a solid return guy, but he's nothing really special. I could see Streater replacing either of them. It's also possible the Bills could decide to carry 6 receivers, though I have no idea at what position they might make a cut. Maybe offensive tackle.Croom versus Khari Lee is interesting to consider. Croom is taller and much more athletic. He was with the Bills this summer, and I don't think it is much of a stretch to think the Bills could switch out Khari Lee for Croom if Croom is fully healthy

Tate is a very sure handed punt returner. He had a nice return against Cincinnati as well.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we still cut Holmes and get that comp pick it is it past the deadline?

I think week 10 is the deadline. I wouldn't expect that to happen. While not a big contributor he has been a decent role player. If not for bailing out Zay we lose another game probably I think. He also knows the offense better than some guy coming off the street even if he was in camp. A lot has probably changed since then.

Edited by Scott7975

I think week 10 is the deadline. I wouldn't expect that to happen. While not a big contributor he has been a decent role player. If not for bailing out Zay we lose another game probably I think. He also knows the offense better than some guy coming off the street even if he was in camp. A lot has probably changed since then.

was mostly just curious. I don't think they will cut him unless someone else is available that is a much better player at this point.

He has already been back for several punts, so they're not too worried, although he usually fair catches them, and a bunch of teams will use valuable starters as their return guys.

People do heroin, but it doesn't mean we should. Just because someone else does it, doesn't make it a good idea.

People do heroin, but it doesn't mean we should. Just because someone else does it, doesn't make it a good idea.

Well the best coach in history does it. The Super Bowl winning coach of the Steelers does it. The Super Bowl winning Broncos did it. The Super Bowl coach of the Panthers does it. See a pattern here?

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Well the best coach in history does it. The Super Bowl winning coach of the Steelers does it. The Super Bowl winning Broncos did it. The Super Bowl coach of the Panthers does it. See a pattern here?

Just using Edelman as an example, they also have a suitable replacement for him in Amendola. Do the Bills have a Hyde clone ready to go? They don't. So you don't risk getting him hurt returning kicks or punts