Just pondering another Travis Scenario

The Niners have the #1 pick in the draft.

Let's say they take the best available QB....whoever that might be on draft day.

I doubt they would be willing to give up the 1st pick in the second round...but the 1st pick in the 3rd round would be pretty sweet deal. Since I think Kevan Barlow wore out his welcome last year.

the other thought that comes to mind....is pulling Travis off the block altogether....and wait until the injuries start hitting NFL teams in preseason games and the first couple of weeks of the season. Then hang him out there for a definate 2nd rounder or a late first rounder in 2006.

the other thought that comes to mind....is pulling Travis off the block altogether....and wait until the injuries start hitting NFL teams in preseason games and the first couple of weeks of the season.  Then hang him out there for a definate 2nd rounder or a late first rounder in 2006.

263815[/snapback]

in all likelyhood, THIS is what i see happening. i know we are all dying for moves to be made by OBD, but in terms of getting the bang for the buck that travis henry is, we are much better off waiting for a desperate team to give up a valuable draft pick. right now, i don't see any desperate teams. there will be though...i promise you that.

think back to when olandis gary became expendable for us. certainly he was no where near in the class of a TH, yet TD netted a 5th round (i believe) from the desperate Lions. If Gary is worth a 5th, TD should get nothing less than a mid 2nd round pick imho. patience and opportunity are the key though.

I have a feeling it will either be a draft day deal or training camp when someone gets desperate. Travis' value is not above a third or fourth round pick. Outside of this our best hope is Denny Green. He has shown repeatedly that he can be had. Travis for Shelton would bring us the best immediate return that we could hope for TH. Common Denny, drink the coolaid.