Jason Peters suspected ACL/MCL tears

Big Turk

@AdamSchefter

If there is some bit of encouraging news on OT Jason Peters, Eagles do not believe he tore his ACL, per source. MRI this morning to see.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet

Sources: The #Eagles did not get good news. LT Jason Peters tore his ACL and MCL, his MRI revealed. They had hoped just MCL.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does not matter. Philly still going to Super Bowl to face KC.

unless LAR have a St Louis Rams Super Bowl luck/skill type of season and sneak past Philly in NFC Championship.

I am sure Beano right now is looking for a way to strengthen Philly's OL as we speak. Glenn Henderson or other likely called in for physicals as we speak.

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I would say after a dozen years and multiple pro-bowls and all pro lists, the Eagles think he was worth both the money they paid him and the picks they gave up for him.

I have no real data to back this up...just sort of guessing.

He was something, Matt.

Peters has been dam good with Philly. 3 years first team All-Pro 2011, 2013, 2014), 1 time second team All-Pro (2010), in 10 years. He is the anchor to their O-line and has been since they traded for him. Not that the Bills lost him for nothing but they let a great talent slip for no reason other than they didn't want to pay him. We let him go and another team not only happily paid him but they gave up 3 draft picks including a 1st round pick to acquire him.

The Bills got lucky with Cordy Glenn 2 years later who has turned out to be a good LT. But the Bills should have realized what they had in Peters and done business with him. Even if Peters handled his business in a less than desirable way they should have known the type of talent they were letting go.

Peters has been dam good with Philly. 3 years first team All-Pro 2011, 2013, 2014), 1 time second team All-Pro (2010), in 10 years. He is the anchor to their O-line and has been since they traded for him. Not that the Bills lost him for nothing but they let a great talent slip for no reason other than they didn't want to pay him. We let him go and another team not only happily paid him but they gave up 3 draft picks including a 1st round pick to acquire him.

The Bills got lucky with Cordy Glenn 2 years later who has turned out to be a good LT. But the Bills should have realized what they had in Peters and done business with him. Even if Peters handled his business in a less than desirable way they should have known the type of talent they were letting go.

Low character guys can always hit the road imhol. Peters laid down on the job with 3 years left on his contract. He is NEVER on my team.

Low character guys can always hit the road imhol. Peters laid down on the job with 3 years left on his contract. He is NEVER on my team.

I don't associate character with wanting a better paycheck.

Elite players hold out for cash every year. Emmitt Smith, Bruce, Biscuit, Eric Dickerson, Aaron Donald, etc etc.

He knew he was worth a ton of money, and you know what? He was right.

We traded away a true franchise LT that will be in the HOF some day. Wood isn't some bum, but we got the short end of that deal.

How is he a low character guy?

He said basically he did not care when he got beat for a sack. Because he was thinking of his contract and that he was underpaid. He had a horrendous part of that season where he was rated one of the worst LT in NFL. As we know he is a HOF LT so he is low character as he mailed it in when on Bills and could have resulted in Bills QB injury.

If that is not low character then Webster Dictionary needs to redefine the term.

He said basically he did not care when he got beat for a sack. Because he was thinking of his contract and that he was underpaid. He had a horrendous part of that season where he was rated one of the worst LT in NFL. As we know he is a HOF LT so he is low character as he mailed it in when on Bills and could have resulted in Bills QB injury.

If that is not low character then Webster Dictionary needs to redefine the term.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/04/19/peters-didnt-know-he-gave-up-115-sacks-last-year/

Does not matter. Philly still going to Super Bowl to face KC.

unless LAR have a St Louis Rams Super Bowl luck/skill type of season and sneak past Philly in NFC Championship.

I am sure Beano right now is looking for a way to strengthen Philly's OL as we speak. Glenn Henderson or other likely called in for physicals as we speak.

Nope. Seattle and New England like always. Seattle will get home field in NFC. Alex Smith not beating Brady in playoffs, I don't care how good he's playing now. Edited by TheTruthHurts

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

The childishness he displayed during his contract dispute with us.

I don't get the love for this guy. He was a piece of s##t while a Bill. Totally quit on the team. I know he was in a contract dispute but he was a complete selfish douche and showed how little he cared for the team in the process. Other players manage to conduct their business on a more professional level, but not Peters. Eff him.

I don't get the love for this guy. He was a piece of s##t while a Bill. Totally quit on the team. I know he was in a contract dispute but he was a complete selfish douche and showed how little he cared for the team in the process. Other players manage to conduct their business on a more professional level, but not Peters. Eff him.

He's been the opposite of everything you say with the Eagles. Why? The latter team treated him fairly. Yes, he was under contract with Buffalo, but he massively outperformed the contract here and to boot was shifted to a much higher-paying position without a requisite increase in salary despite playing at an all-pro level at LT. The Bills *completely* screwed that one up. Why do you continue to deny this?

..agree on your sentiment and the late Eugene Parker fanned the flames....just a pretty significant injury is all I was saying......only consolation is we got #28 pick in 2009 and grabbed Wood and Moats with the 2010 6th round pick........