Deonte Thompson- Another Belle Glade Product

billsfan_34

Deonte is yet another of the long list of NFL players from Belle Glades, Florida. From a young age it is common for the kids to chase rabbits out of the Cane Fields- most likely resulting in their agility being fine tuned with quit cuts and rapid stop/go needed to catch these elusive furry creatures. Also, both Benjamins (Carolina and LA Chargers) are from there as well. Kinda interesting and thought I would share. Go Bills.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Glade,_Florida

Edited by billsfan_34

Deonte is yet another of the long list of NFL players from Belle Glades, Florida. From a young age it is common for the kids to chase rabbits out of the Cane Fields- most likely resulting in their agility being fine tuned with quit cuts and rapid stop/go needed to catch these elusive furry creatures. Also, both Benjamins (Carolina and LA Chargers) are from there as well. Kinda interesting and thought I would share. Go Bills.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Glade,_Florida

Did you not post this about another Bills WR before?

Another chasing rabbits thread? :)

My older son played a state semi-final game against Pahokee. The white kids from the Catholic school having their best year ever held on for a half. Then the future NFL players ran away with it.....

Did you not post this about another Bills WR before?

My memory isnt the greatest anymore I think I may have. Sorry if I did.

Another chasing rabbits thread? :)

My older son played a state semi-final game against Pahokee. The white kids from the Catholic school having their best year ever held on for a half. Then the future NFL players ran away with it.....

That sounds about right. That area produces some really good players. Edited by billsfan_34

i for one am psyched about this signing given tt's history with knowing this guy. i suspect instant chemistry...combined with dt's attitude to prove himself this could be the perfect combo this team has been needing. not taking away from matthews but this could really turn into something.....unless of course they do something stupid and cut him when clay comes back. i think this guy alone makes taylor a 280-300 yard a game passer on a regular basis. i am very grateful and pumped about this signing!.....not to take away from the topic

That sounds about right. That area produces some really good players.

The younger son had a battle with Brian Poole, CB for the Falcons who played in Bradenton, FL (Southeast). My kid crushed him on the sideline once and Poole told him "damn, you don't hit like a QB". My son (who finished 5th in the state in weight lifting) told him "I'm not a QB, but I'm what we have". (Our expected QB was lured to a team that played on ESPN.) No question, Poole got him back later on! He only left the field twice in HS due to injury, and that was one (but only for a couple plays). Haha. Poole learned not to underestimate!

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Sometimes players come into the league without much attention and bounce around training camps and practice squads never really getting their shot to stick because coaches want younger players with more "potential". In the time while they are bouncing around, some of these guys develop and become hidden gems just waiting to get their shot, which sometimes only happens due to injuries. Belichick has found countless numbers of these guys throughout the years.

I am not saying Thompson is going to be a superstar, but he has decent size, speed and made some really nice catches in the game yesterday. When you have 4 targets only and turn those 4 targets into 4 catches for 107 yards, that says a lot. That catch he made on the second last drive to put us into position to tie was nothing short of spectacular. Taking that shot the way he did and still being able to hold on. I think Thompson could be a hidden gem that could help us solve some of our offensive problems. Dilly dilly.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

There were some knocks on Thomson coming out of college. I think his hands were said not to be the greatest. He's worked hard to improve areas of his game where he was not up to par, and he's always had the speed and is tough and willing blocker downfield. This may just be his big chance.

There were some knocks on Thomson coming out of college. I think his hands were said not to be the greatest. He's worked hard to improve areas of his game where he was not up to par, and he's always had the speed and is tough and willing blocker downfield. This may just be his big chance.

I like reading this.

Like K gun 12 said upfield, there might be something to cheer going on here.

lets hope defenses are late to the party

i for one am psyched about this signing given tt's history with knowing this guy. i suspect instant chemistry...combined with dt's attitude to prove himself this could be the perfect combo this team has been needing. not taking away from matthews but this could really turn into something.....unless of course they do something stupid and cut him when clay comes back. i think this guy alone makes taylor a 280-300 yard a game passer on a regular basis. i am very grateful and pumped about this signing!.....not to take away from the topic

If we werent so thin at wr I would say give him some opportunities returning punts.

The younger son had a battle with Brian Poole, CB for the Falcons who played in Bradenton, FL (Southeast). My kid crushed him on the sideline once and Poole told him "damn, you don't hit like a QB". My son (who finished 5th in the state in weight lifting) told him "I'm not a QB, but I'm what we have". (Our expected QB was lured to a team that played on ESPN.) No question, Poole got him back later on! He only left the field twice in HS due to injury, and that was one (but only for a couple plays). Haha. Poole learned not to underestimate!

Wow- thats really cool. You must be very proud!

He has speed he can play a huge role for us even if it's mostly a decoy...

Wow- thats really cool. You must be very proud!

I won't lie, that was a VERY cool day. Poole played safety, and my son played QB and about half the game at safety. I'll say my son won more than he lost that day, but he did get blown up once. He says his cleats slipped (which is actually true) but we don't give him a break! HAHA

My son was actually first team all area (along with Poole), so it wasn't a freak day, but it sure was fun!