TNF: KC vs. OAK on CBS, NFLN, & Amazon Prime at 8:25 PM ET

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a catch. They won't overturn.

Any reasonable person calls that a catch, but he didntt maintain possession all the way through the process. Haven't they basically said that they want possession until the guy gets up? These catch rules are ridiculous. None of us are right or wrong, because none of us know the rule, neither does the NFL or its officials. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Any reasonable person calls that a catch, but he didntt maintain possession all the way through the process. Haven't they basically said that they want possession until the guy gets up? These catch rules are ridiculous. None of us are right or wrong, because none of us know the rule, neither does the NFL or its officials.

I think he did possess it all the way through. Easily. He's down on the ground well before he loses the ball.

I think he did possess it all the way through. Easily. He's down on the ground well before he loses the ball.

Yes, but officials have called incomplete on plays where possession was lost when the guy was on the ground. I can deal with a stupid rule, its the inconsistency that bothers me. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Yes, but officials have called incomplete on plays where possession was lost when the guy was on the ground. I can deal with a stupid rule, its the inconsistency that bothers me.

No question officials make some crazy calls on both incompletions and completions. But that one was a clear catch to me in all ways.

Yes, but officials have called incomplete on plays where possession was lost when the guy was on the ground. I can deal with a stupid rule, its the inconsistency that bothers me.

In my opinion: if you demonstrate possession in the field of play, as soon as any part of your body goes out of bounds the play is over instantly.

No question officials make some crazy calls on both incompletions and completions. But that one was a clear catch to me in all ways.

I agree, but Ive seen similar plays ruled incomplete. I thought that they would call it incomplete. There is no way that it should be incomplete, but Ive seen it called that. The problem is that none of us know what a catch is, the rules are just that poorly worded.

In my opinion: if you demonstrate possession in the field of play, as soon as any part of your body goes out of bounds the play is over instantly.

I agree and it needs to be written into the rules, but the NFL didnt feel that way about a Calvin Johnson TD against the Bears a few years back. They justified their stupid call. Using the same logic, tonights pass should have been incomplete. The NFL simply makes up rules as they go.

Im not advocating that the play should have been called incomplete. Just saying that Ive seen other clear catches called incomplete. If you dont make the reception, and throw the ball to the ref, the risk of being called incomplete is always present in this league. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5