Why is Travis Henry so Unvaluable?!?

He put up great numbers a few years ago. Now no one would trade their mascot for him! What the frig is that?!? Personally, I think the Shelton trade is a rip off for the Bills because the Cardinals will be get a solid running back for a 500 ilb bench warmer.Now people are saying he isn't even worth a 1st day pick!! I'd keep him, re-sign him, and have a Batman and Robin like backfield (2 1,000 yd rushers).

;););):lol::lol::angry::angry::angry::angry:

PS-I'm pretty sure unvaluable is not a word, but i never passed 7th grade English.

He put up great numbers a few years ago. Now no one would trade their mascot for him! What the frig is that?!? Personally, I think the Shelton trade is a rip off for the Bills because the Cardinals will be get a solid running back for a 500 ilb bench warmer.Now people are saying he isn't even worth a 1st day pick!! I'd keep him, re-sign him, and have a Batman and Robin like backfield (2 1,000 yd rushers).

;););):lol::lol::angry::angry::angry::angry:

PS-I'm pretty sure unvaluable is not a word, but i never passed 7th grade English.

;)  ;)  ;)  :lol:  :lol:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

263639[/snapback]

I'll give you a three word answer:

He's a butterfingers

I think his rep as a fumbler doesn't help (although I think its been greatly exaggerated when looking at his career numbers), and his injuries over the past couple of seasons may have some thinking he's damaged goods.

Also, he can't pick up a blitz or pass block, and he's never been a threat to receive out of the backfield...

;)  ;)  ;)  :lol:  :lol:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

263641[/snapback]

Would you pay a guy $50 for a couch you know he's going to put on the curb the next day? That's the problem right now with TH. Too many teams figure TD is going to cut him later. So he's playing a game of chicken.

We may not see anything happen until after the draft. If a team does not get the RB they wanted in the draft, that's when TH's value will rise.

PTR

If he was that great, he wouldnt be playing behind a rookie rb with a injury. Think about it. Why would there be a high value on a Bills cast off rb? The same reason he isnt starting for the Bills is the same reason teams arent chasing him. He is a average running back nothing more. And a stupid one at that.

me fail english?  thats unpossible

263739[/snapback]

first off, that was hilarious (The simpsons don't make me laugh much ever since Family guy came on, but that's one of my favorite quotes).

2nd, TH would have been worth ALOT more had a guy with a knee built out of plastic hadn't come in, BEHIND THE EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE LINE, and showed him up.

You don't think GMs look at sh-- like that? They look at EVERYTHING. So, they look at last years film. Henry couldn't get in the endzone to save his life. McGahee comes in and makes Travis look like the rookie of the two.

GMs see that.

TH has been, and continues to be (by Bills fans who won't let go) OVER-RATED.

The primary reasons I believe are :

1. A very deep draft at the RB position -- This draft may have a couple of starting RBs taken in the 4th round if you can believe that.

2. His contract -- With only one year left he's a risk to have a big season and then simply walk away.

You can say what you want about Henry but if we wouldn't have drafted McGahee we'd be trying to lock him up to a long term deal. He's a solid RB.

The primary reasons I believe are :

1.  A very deep draft at the RB position --  This draft may have a couple of starting RBs taken in the 4th round if you can believe that.

2.  His contract -- With only one year left he's a risk to have a big season and then simply walk away.

You can say what you want about Henry but if we wouldn't have drafted McGahee we'd be trying to lock him up to  a long term deal.  He's a solid RB.

263748[/snapback]

You could say the same thing about Bledsoe. If we hadn't drafted JP Losman we would be starting Bledsoe right now. Well we did draft Willis and JP for a reason, so you cant think like that.

I hope we keep Travis as a backup.