Bills awarded LB Tyrell Adams from Raiders, Waived already

YoloinOhio

@mikerodak

The Bills have signed linebacker Tyrell Adams and waived linebacker Deon Lacey. Adams played in 12 games the past two seasons for Oakland. Like Lacey, he will likely contribute on special teams.

Adams was released from the Raiders yesterday after they signed Navarro Bowman. They hoped to re-sign him to their PS.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I smell a classic 'gather intel on an up coming opponent' type of move here with the Raiders on deck next week.

Kudos to McD/Beane for taking a page out of the Patriots playbook.

There may be some of that going on, but Adams seems to be a decent athlete. He's a bit on the small side, but McDermott seems not to be bothered by his linebackers being on the small side. I saw an ESPN article from last summer that suggested Adams might contest for a starting position in Oakland. I wouldn't want to depend on him as a starter, but he might be a genuine upgrade as a backup.

@mikerodak

The Bills have signed linebacker Tyrell Adams and waived linebacker Deon Lacey. Adams played in 12 games the past two seasons for Oakland. Like Lacey, he will likely contribute on special teams.

Adams was released from the Raiders yesterday after they signed Navarro Bowman. They hoped to re-sign him to their PS.

...these guys are always churning the roster looking to get better every day.....Whaley did the same thing...........

Not that there were repercussions to cutting Lacey for Adams because they got Lacey back, ultimately. But considering how fast Adams was in and out, am I the only one wondering if Adams represents some kind of disconnect between the scouting and coaching staffs? Or should we be encouraged to see they don't worry about admitting a mistake?

Not that there were repercussions to cutting Lacey for Adams because they got Lacey back, ultimately. But considering how fast Adams was in and out, am I the only one wondering if Adams represents some kind of disconnect between the scouting and coaching staffs? Or should we be encouraged to see they don't worry about admitting a mistake?

Adams was waived injured. Likely failed his physical.