So if we complete the trade for Shelton...

Looks like Gandy is at the very least going to replace an aged Marcus Price who from what I've read, wasn't pursued because of a chronic knee condition. I don't know enough about this guy to say he's going to be more than that but if I was a betting man I'd say he's going to be starting for us at G.

Then we go out and grab the best back-up QB out there for a very good price which makes all of us feel better about the QB position.

The coaching staff appears to be convinced that Edwards can replace Williams at DT so that "hole" isn't really a hole after all.

Now if TD still pulls of the Henry/Shelton trade the sky maybe isn't falling??

Looks like Gandy is at the very least going to replace an aged Marcus Price who from what I've read, wasn't pursued because of a chronic knee condition.  I don't know enough about this guy to say he's going to be more than that but if I was a betting man I'd say he's going to be starting for us at G.

Then we go out and grab the best back-up QB out there for a very good price which makes all of us feel better about the QB position.

The coaching staff appears to be convinced that Edwards can replace Williams at DT so that "hole" isn't really a hole after all.

263617[/snapback]

Just a thought...but what would people say if we offered up our 3rd rounder for Shelton this year, without Travis Henry attached to the deal? If the Cards are really sour on Henry refusing to play until he gets a new deal, why not just go around it and give them our 3rd rounder this year, pick up Shelton, and then ship Henry out to another team and hopefully get a 3rd rounder back?

Just a thought...but what would people say if we offered up our 3rd rounder for Shelton this year, without Travis Henry attached to the deal?  If the Cards are really sour on Henry refusing to play until he gets a new deal, why not just go around it and give them our 3rd rounder this year, pick up Shelton, and then ship Henry out to another team and hopefully get a 3rd rounder back?

263618[/snapback]

Sounds like a great idea, BGIM, but unfortunately I think Arizona will want more than just a 3rd rounder. Plus, I'm not so sure anyone is willing to give up a day 1 pick for Henry.

IMO, this Shelton-Henry deal is 100% dead. Of course, once upon a time I also thought the Bledsoe trade was 100% dead.

Looks like Gandy is at the very least going to replace an aged Marcus Price who from what I've read, wasn't pursued because of a chronic knee condition.  I don't know enough about this guy to say he's going to be more than that but if I was a betting man I'd say he's going to be starting for us at G.

263617[/snapback]

I guess so, but there are still some holes. The tight end position needs to be upgraded ( I wouldn't mind a guy like itula mile or jermaine wiggins.) Also, the bills need a solid 2nd running back (if the travis trade goes through.) they'll probably fill that hole through the draft because no free agents are available. Now if those signings occur im buyin me some superbowl tickets! GO BILLS! ;)

Sounds like a great idea, BGIM, but unfortunately I think Arizona will want more than just a 3rd rounder. Plus, I'm not so sure anyone is willing to give up a day 1 pick for Henry.

IMO, this Shelton-Henry deal is 100% dead. Of course, once upon a time I also thought the Bledsoe trade was 100% dead.

263628[/snapback]

From what I've heard, no one is willing to give up a day 1 pick in trade for Shelton either. Just the fact that they're talking about draft picks means it's very likely nothing will happen until just before or right at the draft.

From what I've heard, lol. I should say from what I've read.

Edited by CaWingNut

From what I've heard, no one is willing to give up a day 1 pick in trade for Shelton either. Just the fact that they're talking about draft picks means it's very likely nothing will happen until just before or right at the draft.

From what I've heard, lol. I should say from what I've read.

263633[/snapback]

Thats why I figure offering up a 3rd will entice them because the best they've gotten so far is a "2nd day pick" from the Bears. We can top that.

We obviously like Shelton, or we wouldnt have brought him here on a visit. The Cards dig Henry, or else they wouldnt have had him come to Arizona. It just seems to me that this is so close to being finalized, it'll happen after both sides realize its in their best interests to do so.

263628[/snapback]

Wasn't the Moss for coles swap also 100% officially dead as well? Just saw an update on ESPNEWS that a dela was "imminent".

Until Shelton or Henry is traded the deal sin't 100% dead.

Just a thought...but what would people say if we offered up our 3rd rounder for Shelton this year, without Travis Henry attached to the deal?  If the Cards are really sour on Henry refusing to play until he gets a new deal, why not just go around it and give them our 3rd rounder this year, pick up Shelton, and then ship Henry out to another team and hopefully get a 3rd rounder back?

263618[/snapback]

I'd be willing to give up a 3rd for Shelton even if we only get a 4th for Henry.

I guess so, but there are still some holes. The tight end position needs to be upgraded ( I wouldn't mind a guy like itula mile or jermaine wiggins.) Also, the bills need a solid 2nd running back (if the travis trade goes through.) they'll probably fill that hole through the draft because no free agents are available. Now if those signings occur im buyin me some superbowl tickets! GO BILLS! ;)

263631[/snapback]

There are holes, yes. But to me it was important to fill the back-up QB and OL holes thru FA and not through the draft. We can address TE and back up RB via the draft without too much worry.

I think you'll see Gandy starting at Left Guard next season.

He is athletic, and a smart player.

Can play any position on the offensive line, and I believe started for the Bears at Guard in 2003.

He is an upgrade over Tucker.

263755[/snapback]

That's my thought as well since we don't have much more room under the cap.

Wasn't the Moss for coles swap also 100% officially dead as well?  Just saw an update on ESPNEWS that a dela was "imminent".

Until Shelton or Henry is traded the deal sin't 100% dead.

263662[/snapback]

Now that Holcomb has been signed. I think TD will have more time to get the Shelton/Travis deal done.

I think next week we will see the announcement.

I don't know if the Bills would want to give up a 3rd for Shelton. I still see a few RT's and plenty of Guards out on the market. If they are cosidering moving Mike Williams to the left ( pure speculation ) then it would make zero sense.

TD should stick to his guns of Henry for Shelton, unless he's completely sold on Shelton as his next starting LT.