Gordon Hayward's Injury....Not for the squeamish

H2o

Saw a clip of that last night. The guys on WEEI this morning made me laugh out loud when they joked that the Celtics downgraded the injury from a fracture to an ankle sprain.

The guy is probably done for the year. Might never be the same.

Saw a clip of that last night. The guys on WEEI this morning made me laugh out loud when they joked that the Celtics downgraded the injury from a fracture to an ankle sprain.

The guy is probably done for the year. Might never be the same.

while I anticipate he is done for the year, he should fully recover because the break was clean. That's the good news. It's not a career threatening injury or even one that should impact his play once recovered. Edited by YoloinOhio

The grossest one I saw was a clip of some soccer player getting his shin kicked in. Pretty freaking gruesome.

There are others too.......

The Theismann injury.

McGahee's knee injury when at Miami.

Godzilla torching Megaguirus (kidding).

Just to name a few.

Still wasn't as bad as that kid from Louisville the one year. That one really grossed me out.

That was also HORRIBLE!

Wimp. A real man would rub some dirt on it, walk it off and get back into the game.

Man! I almost thought he would! Did you see how stoic he was leaving on the stretcher? Probably in shock, but he looked like it was an every day thing.... almost bored.

Man! I almost thought he would! Did you see how stoic he was leaving on the stretcher? Probably in shock, but he looked like it was an every day thing.... almost bored.

I would imagine he was in some form of shock from the looks of that injury.

I broke my arm playing football and continued playing. At end of game my muscles relaxed and my forearm bent like a Z since both bones in my arm were cleanly broken. Doctor said angle allowed them to stay in place until game was over.

Oh yeah? One time I beat Mario Bros with a paper cut on my thumb. Doctor said I might not be able to thumb wrestle ever again. Proved him wrong.

Oh yeah? One time I beat Mario Bros with a paper cut on my thumb. Doctor said I might not be able to thumb wrestle ever again. Proved him wrong.

OMG, did you get an infection? Finish the entire prescription for antibiotics... it can come back even when it looks better. Whatever you do, DON'T get hooked on the painkillers!!! They'll write that script in a lot of places.

I had a hockey teammate 5 or so years ago who broke his arm during a game. He essentially had a second elbow in his forearm, at a blatantly obvious right angle. One of the guys on the other team skated up to me and asked "do you think he broke it?". I just about died of laughter because the guy was 100% serious with the question.

Of course, who can forget the Clint Malarchuk injury.

It's about as bad as it gets with no broken bones involved.

How he didn't die while losing so much blood so quickly is a testament to the people who acted quickly to help the man survive.

Still wasn't as bad as that kid from Louisville the one year. That one really grossed me out.

Yes, that and Theismann were the two worst injuries I have ever seen in sports. Marcus Lattimore's was pretty rough too.

Eric Wood's injury against the Jags where the guy fell on his leg was pretty nasty as well.