John McCain on Trumpism

Tiberius

I would have voted for him if it wasn't for that airhead Sarah Palin

It was too late in the career for his run at POTUS. He was an excellent force for good during Reagan's admin.

also, most contact with vets has been through files with the Feds, so they may have better memories of their service than others.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bush Jr. just gave a speech indirectly criticizing Trump (I never remember a previous president fcriticizing the current president from their party). Any liberal that now props up George Bush Jr. just because he spoke out against Trump is a hack.

Edited by Doc Brown

Bush Jr. just gave a speech indirectly criticizing Trump (I never remember a previous president fcriticizing the current president from their party). Any liberal that now props up George Bush Jr. just because he spoke out against Trump is a hack.

Yes, how terrible pointing out that even those in his own party are disgusted and disturbed by this clown.

I have a better idea Doc. Read his words and judge them. Do you agree that bigotry--as I have been saying for how long?--is being used in our political discourse now? I'm glad Bush spoke out. Love how the trumpettes just go on the attack instead of actually reading what he said

Edited by Tiberius

Yes, how terrible pointing out that even those in his own party are disgusted and disturbed by this clown.

I have a better idea Doc. Read his words and judge them. Do you agree that bigotry--as I have been saying for how long?--is being used in our political discourse now? I'm glad Bush spoke out. Love how the trumpettes just go on the attack instead of actually reading what he said

Bush Jr. made the biggest foreign policy mistake in at least my lifetime in going to war with Iraq based off faulty intelligence. Twenty-seven democratic senators voted for the Iraq Resolution including Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Joe Biden. His administration and Congress also passed the Patriot Act which still lives on today in The US Freedom Act. Surveillance has only increased since its passage and I thought liberals were against mass surveillance. Bush's administration authorized torture of suspected terrorists in Guantanamo Bay and many liberals thought he should go to jail for that.

If you prop up Bush Jr. just because he criticized Trump (who didn't have anything to do with any of the things Bush Jr. did and hasn't done much since entering office) you are a hack.

Edited by Doc Brown

Bush Jr. made the biggest foreign policy mistake in at least my lifetime in going to war with Iraq based off faulty intelligence. Twenty-seven democratic senators voted for the Iraq Resolution including Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, and Joe Biden. His administration and Congress also passed the Patriot Act which still lives on today in The US Freedom Act. Surveillance has only increased since its passage and I thought liberals were against mass surveillance. Bush's administration authorized torture of suspected terrorists in Guantanamo Bay and many liberals thought he should go to jail for that.

If you prop up Bush Jr. just because he criticized Trump (who didn't have anything to do with any of the things Bush Jr. did and hasn't done much since entering office) you are a hack.

Not sure which came first, the decision to go to war, or the "faulty intelligence", and that's a big difference in motivations.

:beer::beer:

Not sure which came first, the decision to go to war, or the "faulty intelligence", and that's a big difference in motivations.

The same people, not the same agencies, but the same people who botched the WMD intelligence are the ones telling us they're 100% certain the Russians "hacked" our election and committed an act of war.

If only those on the left side of the spectrum would stop and let that salient point sink in, they might rethink their new love affair with the neocons whom they (rightfully) despised during the Bush years...

:beer::beer:

The same people, not the same agencies, but the same people who botched the WMD intelligence are the ones telling us they're 100% certain the Russians "hacked" our election and committed an act of war.

If only those on the left side of the spectrum would stop and let that salient point sink in, they might rethink their new love affair with the neocons whom they (rightfully) despised during the Bush years...

They didn't "botch" the WMD intelligence. It was actually very solid intel. As good as you will ever see in intelligence work. Extraordinarily solid.

Hilariously solid, given that it was wrong.

That decision was made well before 9/11 by the same neocons, disgruntled that Bush 41 didn't finish the job, who would go on to regain key positions in the Bush 43 administration. Research PNAC and you'll understand.

That decision was made well before 9/11 by the same neocons, disgruntled that Bush 41 didn't finish the job, who would go on to regain key positions in the Bush 43 administration. Research PNAC and you'll understand.

Gee, thanks. I had no idea! Actually I was just presenting the point "gently".

Edited by OJABBA

Gee, thanks. I had no idea! Actually I was just presenting the point "gently".

Gently? In this forum? No room for gentle in a space occupied by ideological bullies armed with sledgehammers and little information.

As for the sarcastic thanks, you're welcome. Glad you are willing to be edified. A learning spirit is essential to our evolution as a species.