Harvey Weinstein (and others) accused of sexual harrasement

RaoulDuke79

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm so glad I'm married and don't have to try and go out and figure out how to date these days.....anyone whose gotten laid since 1993 may be under suspicion for debauchery. 

Remember when everyone laughed at Pence for refusing to be alone with any woman other than his wife?  

He's not looking so crazy now, is he?  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Remember when everyone laughed at Pence for refusing to be alone with any woman other than his wife?  

I do not remember that, but it appears he was ahead of the curve in his thinking. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

3 minutes ago, mead107 said:

68 year old Texas congressman sent selfie of himself nude to his girlfriends.  

Wonder if cgf got one?  ?

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

So?  Consenting adults.  Poor taste, bad judgement, not illegal.

My ancient civilization theory posted in the Lake Van thread looks more and more plausible every day

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

So?  Consenting adults.  Poor taste, bad judgement, not illegal.

I think a lot of it is crazy.  Just goes to show none of those elected officials are better than anyone else.   They can all get off the high horse.  

54 minutes ago, mead107 said:

I think a lot of it is crazy.  Just goes to show none of those elected officials are better than anyone else.   They can all get off the high horse.  

Of course they aren't. Everyone has vices, demons and skeletons in the closet of some sort. For some reason we hope that elected officials, teachers,  police officers etc....will be better than than the norm. There's probably a few that are, but for the most part they all fall into the bell curve like the rest of us.

I don't known if they necessarily have a soap box to shout from or if they have a higher bar of standards based on their title. Whatever it is though, the higher you climb in life the further the fall. There are people that are really good at certain things which gets them into decent jobs and positions if power, but that doesn't mean they are good people.

Also, the old saying that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones always holds true. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

This great National scandal continues to bring down artists.  Even Shakes the Clown has been charged

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/shakes-the-clown-charged-382907

NOOOOO!!!

Shakes the Clown, the movie, had the greatest single line in a review I ever saw. I think it was Betsy Sherman of the Boston Globe who said "Shakes the Clown is the Citizen Kane of alcoholic clown movies." 

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Yes. He still is. 

3 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

However insane this sounds, and is, Harvey Weinstein is the best thing to happen to this country in decades and decades. Or perhaps I should include the Washington Post reporters who researched and wrote the story, along with all the women who came forward against him on record. 

Wasn't it the New York Times?

10 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

However insane this sounds, and is, Harvey Weinstein is the best thing to happen to this country in decades and decades. Or perhaps I should include the Washington Post reporters who researched and wrote the story, along with all the women who came forward against him on record. 

I'll agree about the women who came forward.  Rose McGowan FTW.

The rest of it?  Meh.  It is in the predictable process of being watered down while the pedophelia stuff which seemed inevitable to be exposed, is slowly drifting away.  Again.

17 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Better than Obama? 

Tear up your liberal card, you heathen.

It's not always good to be The King

http://www.dailynews.com/2017/11/23/lawsuit-alleges-inappropriate-behavior-by-la-kings-mascot-bailey/

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Better than Obama? 

Tear up your liberal card, you heathen.

In his defense Liberals tend to have short attention spans which is why something/somebody is always the Greatest Ever or Worst Ever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.