Draft/Acquire Short Offensive Linemen: Tyrod will flourish

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You show me Fluties QB to O Line ratio and youll see my point.

You conveniently skipped over the contemporary examples.

Either way, this is the most idiotic idea I've ever heard on this site and that's saying something.

Edited by dubs

You conveniently skipped over the contemporary examples.

Either way, this is the most idiotic idea I've ever heard on this site and that's saying something.

Just because logic escapes you doesnt mean its idiotic. You need to learn to push the envelope. I have a feeling thats why McDermott is shopping Cordy Glenn. 6ft 6inch guy with a bum ankle WHO CANNOT GET LOW. Dont doubt it. Hes looking for shorter and stout O Lineman in the 5ft 10inch range. Edited by BringBackFergy

Just because logic escapes you doesnt mean its idiotic. You need to learn to push the envelope. I have a feeling thats why McDermott is shopping Cordy Glenn. 6ft 6inch guy with a bum ankle WHO CANNOT GET LOW. Dont doubt it. Hes looking for shorter and stout O Lineman in the 5ft 10inch range.

Logic would be to shut this thread down. Not overhaul the o line with short fat guys.

So Im pretty sure the shorter the olineman, the better. Flame away if you want but the stats speak for themselves.

Uh...wouldn't a shorter OL let a taller D-line get a better look in the backfield and just swat balls down easier?

Lack of throwing lanes, not height, is a problem that needs to be addressed somehow....

Logic would be to shut this thread down. Not overhaul the o line with short fat guys.

Im not attacking you and just because someone has a new approach to the o-line issue and Tyrods inability to find WRs, doesnt mean a thread has to be closed. But if you think about it, the bigger they are, the harder they fall comes to mind with Ducasse and Dawkins, dont you agree?

Uh...wouldn't a shorter OL let a taller D-line get a better look in the backfield and just swat balls down easier?

Lack of throwing lanes, not height, is a problem that needs to be addressed somehow....

If low man wins (and that applies to o line as well as d line), dont you think passing lanes are increased if you have a QB to O Line height ratio of -1 to +2??

As bad as Tyrod was on Sunday I think most QB's would be struggling with the talent around him. You top WR and Tight end are hurt and both units had little depth to start the season. Your 2nd round pick WR is struggling and there just isn't a lot of skill position talent outside of Shady. The O-line isn't as bad as a lot of people complain but it isn't an elite unit esp in pass protection.

Very few QB's even good QB's would thrive with the talent Tyrod has around him. To me Tyrod's play is much more an indictment of the teams lack of depth at the skill positions.

5'8" 330 pounds? He wouldn't have to walk he could just roll

There was a kid on my son's HS team shaped like that. Owned the state weight lifting tournament, without ever really trying. He was from a Carny family. I got in line behind him and his father at Taco Bell when he was in middle school. I thought they were ordering for a bus full of people in the parking lot. I was wrong.

The center signed to the practice squad today is 6'6".

Clearly the Bills' brain trust is plotting Tyrod's demise.

Maybe a new line of thought is in order...if Tyrod squats a little, can he see under them??? :)

Is this serious?

Why do people question a theory which makes sense. Tailor your o line to meet the attributes of your QB. If Pederson was starting at QB, we could get away with a 6ft2 or 6ft3 o line (that would be a -1 to +1 ratio) but with Taylor, we are way out of whack on the QB to O Line Height ratio. Only answer is to adjust our O line height to meet the optica of the standard ESPN height ratio.