Do you believe the Bills are a playoff team in 2017?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I think this team is disciplined enough to do it, given who is on the rest of the schedule.

All of the other games are winnable. Sweep the Jets and Miami, beat Indy and LA and then win two of Tampa, New Orleans and Oakland. The path is still there especially since it seems like to this point not many AFC teams are separating themselves from the pack.

It does also depend on guys like Matthews and Clay too.

Good post. You can find 7 more wins on schedule pretty easily. We have to deliver.

@ Ryan

36yards in the 2nd half against Cincy tells you everything you need to know. Losing key weapons on Offense for an already anemic unit is truly saddening wasting a special Defensive unit that could take us deep into the playoffs if our Offense could score 2 TDs per game.

Until the Buffalo Bills get a Franchise QB nothing will ever change.

Edited by Real McCoy

When you are winning the turnover battle THREE to zero, but losing the game you are a pretty bad team.

Pretty much, and I don't think anybody believes the Bengals are a playoff team this year and anything more than another mediorce 8-8 type of team just like the Bills are probably destined to be.

We've seen this too many times in Buffalo in recent years where the defense comes out like gangbusters early in the season, wreaks havoc, creates multiple turnovers, etc then fades down the stretch and that's what's going to happen this year too and when it does this team won't likely win another game the rest of the year.

McD and Beane has to understand that being 3-2 right now means nothing and big time changes are needed whether it's a switch to Peterman, or making some moves for oline and WR help. They have more than enough picks to do something and even a guy like Gary Barnridge would likely help since he's a hybrid WR/TE type.

Not from a position of strength and dominance, but maybe this year 30 teams will be mediocre and they could squeak in.

Absolutely. Our competition includes teams such as the Bengals, Ravens, Colts, Raiders-with-EJ (probably for a while), Jaguars, Ravens, Dolphins, etc., etc. All seriously flawed teams, just like the Bills. Because there are so many mediocre teams out there, the likelihood of making the playoffs is probably around 1 in 4 at best. But it's a crapshoot. We've been competitive in every game, and I see no reason (even with the injuries we have right now) why that can't continue.

Hello Two Bills Drive posters,

My name is Ryan Talbot. I'm a contributing writer at NewYorkUpstate.com. We're looking to get Bills fans more involved in articles and during the team's bye week, we're asking: Are the Bills a playoff team in 2017? If you want to get involved, simply respond with why you believe the Bills are or are not a playoff contender this season. Just a sentence or two will suffice. We'll use a mix of responses from here and on social media so I can't guarantee that every response will be used, but I hope you'll consider providing your thoughts on this topic.

I have mixed feelings.

Because of the improved Defense and the Head Coach I do believe the Bills could make the playoffs.

However, I am not confident Tyrod can get the job done.

The Playoffs seem like some distant unattainable mythical land that Bills fans have only read about in fiction...but when you look across the AFC right now, it's a mess!

Tennessee, Miami, and Oakland are all playing with back up Quarterbacks. The Jets, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Cleveland and Denver only had backup Quarterbacks to begin with. Pittsburgh and Big Ben are fading fast. The Chargers are horrible, even with Rivers. And while cute, the Texans are starting a Rookie.

That makes ELEVEN teams in the Conference with Quarterback challenges that are as least as great, if not greater, than the Bills.

Even when the Bills beat the Broncos and the Falcons I thought they more survived to get the win rather than beat them for the win. The Bills defense hold them in games while the offense kicks field goals. I would rather see the Bills not make the playoffs and get better next year rather than see them squeak into the playoffs to see the offense do nothing against a playoff defense.

Yes. Our conference standings speaks for itself. The AFC is weak as can be. I'd say we have as good a shot as anyone that isn't KC.

People have said this in years past but there is always separation as the season wears on.

And yes as of today the Pats and Chiefs are probably the only teams most would feel confident in saying are locks for the playoffs, but many of these other teams will start to pull away from the pack soon because that's the way it works.

Are the Bills going to be one of those teams? It's certainly possible but we are seeing a familiar script play out especially with the injuries piling up and I don't believe this team has the talent, coaching and most importantly the QB to sustain this and will no doubt be on the wrong side of .500 by Thanksgiving making the latest 'hot start' ancient history.

Even when the Bills beat the Broncos and the Falcons I thought they more survived to get the win rather than beat them for the win. The Bills defense hold them in games while the offense kicks field goals. I would rather see the Bills not make the playoffs and get better next year rather than see them squeak into the playoffs to see the offense do nothing against a playoff defense.

Broncos and Falcons are playoff teams and we beat them.