Worst WR corps ever? + collateral damage to DropZone Jones

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the sacks were because no one was open. Without Clay and Matthews, this WR corp is really bad.

Really hmmm took a sack final drive. Clay was open

Took a sack earlier Holmes was open

And i saw those in the broadcast view.

But hey he held the ball that obviously means no one open right lol

Is it? What could one expect of this group? They are terrible and there is no disguising it.

A lot of people thought this receiving group would be solid this season. Numerous people predicted very solid number from Zay Jones in particular. They said he'd easily replace Robert Woods production from last season and that Matthews would replace Sammy.

Those people were a little off base.

A lot was scheme playing to strengths - spreading the field horizontally if nothing else. It wasn't sustainable but it created some good days. Likewise we've seen some good days with Tyrod.

Correct. Not to mention that Fitz and Gailey were together for how many years? What would this offense look like if Lynn's scheme was in place for 2-3yrs?

Really hmmm took a sack final drive. Clay was open

Took a sack earlier Holmes was open

And i saw those in the broadcast view.

But hey he held the ball that obviously means no one open right lol

Clay was out most of the game, and was doing quite well when in.

Thing is, if tyrod just steps up a bit he has about another second to get the ball off. Could have hit our man on the hash on the last drive. I'm really not sure why he won't shuffle forwards, usually he is good at buying himself time.

Wide receiver is so overblown. Even Tate is capable when the quarterback passes him the ball. It's up to the quarterback to make the right reads and give his receiver a chance at making a play on the ball. You rarely see that from our quarterback. How many drops did we see from the WR's today? I don't recall any.

Give it a few more weeks.........you'll be backpedaling like you are on Mike Gillislee now(Told ya').

It's a matchup league and the talent at WR matters a lot for at least 30 of the 32 starting QB's.

Btw, the 3rd and 10 TD throw Taylor made to Tate was beautiful........and he's a player who has been asked to play significant snaps at WR the past two years despite the fact that he likely couldn't make any other team in the NFL.

Wide receiver is so overblown. Even Tate is capable when the quarterback passes him the ball. It's up to the quarterback to make the right reads and give his receiver a chance at making a play on the ball. You rarely see that from our quarterback. How many drops did we see from the WR's today? I don't recall any.

Cinci won because Aj Green made two plays.

This is worst WR corps the Bills have EVER fielded.

Worst in the NFL right now.......that is bad enough.........but the worst EVER fielded by this woeful franchise.........that took some doing by McDermott/Beane.

Two games lost already because of the Watkins trade..........and the collateral damage is also becoming very significant.

A second and third round pick were dealt to acquire the pick to select Zay Jones............and this kid is SHOOK to the core........might be the fastest any Bills player has ever needed a "change of scenery".

The bottom line is that Drop Zone was not prepared to be a feature WR.........he should have been eased in as a big slot against nickel and dime corners not starting early in the season against boundary 1's and 2's.

Additionally........with no concerted effort to acquire even a serviceable NFL quality deep threat........the formula for offensive success has been diluted resulting in an unrecognizable swill.

The key stat for Bills RB's was yards before contact.......that room was created mostly by stretching the D vertically thru the combination of Taylor's athleticism and his ability to get the ball deep to good deep threats like Watkins, Goodwin and Hogan.

Without that.......the league's second highest paid RB Shady McCoy looks like garbage averaging 3.2 ypc and no rushing TD's nearly 1/3 of the way thru the season....... behind what is MOSTLY the same OL still trying to do a lot of the same things that worked before.

This is a developing offensive disaster for a VERY OLD TEAM that was built to win now..........and McDermott is not oblivious to it........the second question of his PC was "why didn't you do more for your WR corps before the season?" and he was on it like he has been thinking about it a WHOLE LOT. It was bad enough not getting a legit #2 wideout in the winter/spring.......but then trading your #1.......awful.

Let's assume that the GM of an NFL team and the HC of an NFL team know at least as much about football as you do.

Let's also assume that the NFL these days is a passing league with extreme importance placed on the QB and passing game.

Let's further note Tyrod Taylor's obvious deficiencies as a passer and the team's decision to name him the starting QB again.

Now look at what the GM and HC did to our roster in terms of WRs this year as you note in your post.

You could almost argue they are trying to sabotage our passing game, couldn't you?

And in so doing, sabotage our chances for victory. Yes?

No?

It sort of speaks for itself.

You have been so quiet the last two weeks. It was predictable you'd show up after a loss.

I find it repulsive that the posters like this and a few others call themselves fans. It killed them that TT played well in two big wins, and with numerous injuries the Bills lose by four points, and they come out like rabid dogs.

You have been so quiet the last two weeks. It was predictable you'd show up after a loss.

Hey look at this. A call out post. Typical.

Lets see why could i have been quiet.

Hmmm

Dealing with Irma aftermath

And last week i was put on suspension because i was point out issues with the offense and apparently we have to just enjoy wins

Is this WR corp, without Charles Clay and Matthews, the worst in the NFL? Yes or no.

It is a no name WR that does have flaws. But getting seperation isnt one of them, they get seperation

Edited by MAJBobby

Hey look at this. A call out post. Typical.

Lets see why could i have been quiet.

Hmmm

Dealing with Irma aftermath

And last week i was put on suspension because i was point out issues with the offense and apparently we have to just enjoy wins

No call out. Just an observation. Hope all is well after Irma.

I find it repulsive that the posters like this and a few others call themselves fans. It killed them that TT played well in two big wins, and with numerous injuries the Bills lose by four points, and they come out like rabid dogs.

Ahhh look another attack a fan post. But hey only certain people get warning points